Car Rental And Scooter Purchase

kcore

Hello = would like to buy a honda or yamaha scooter and rent late model auto or suv. Duration for auto rental 1 year. Can anyone give me the state of the industry {current scooter rental prices} and perhaps make a recomondation for me to make my aquisitions in chiang Mai. Yhanks = kcore

Big market with about 200-300 motorcycle/scooters just past San Patong (out past airport, past Hang Dong, 1 km after San Patong) about 20km from CM every Saturday morning, but all the bike sellers usually leave at about 10:30am. Click about 20k, air blade 30k.

Bring your 'certificate of residence' and passport if you want the lady there to register it for you.

(you can always go back the next week to have her do it, she charges 550bht all inclusive)

Similar market just off the road to Mae Joe Sunday morning nearer to CM but a bit harder to find. They have cars for sale there as well and all the bikes are priced.

Not prepared to haggle in Thai!

PM me for help, I can arrange a translator.

Edited by pjclark1

Big market with about 200-300 motorcycle/scooters just past San Patong (out past airport, past Hang Dong, 1 km after San Patong) about 20km from CM every Saturday morning, but all the bike sellers usually leave at about 10:30am. Click about 20k, air blade 30k.

Bring your 'certificate of residence' and passport if you want the lady there to register it for you.

(you can always go back the next week to have her do it, she charges 550bht all inclusive)

Similar market just off the road to Mae Joe Sunday morning nearer to CM but a bit harder to find. They have cars for sale there as well and all the bikes are priced.

Not prepared to haggle in Thai!

PM me for help, I can arrange a translator.

excellent pjclark - just what i was lookin for. i have a thai gf so translation service, although appreciated, is not ness. I am trying to buys the scooter for gf and rent a car for myself for grocery and when the rain comes. any info on car rental places? Kevin