National Parks In Thailand

garyk

I was going to a few National parks recently, and i did not know you as a farang can get into a park for Local prices if you have a drivers license.

I am a camping and birding guy. Actually just want to start birding. And i went to five parks in 10 days. The most i was charged for entrance was 40baht. It says foreingers price but if you have a drivers license showing residence here you only pay thai prices. A great deal if you have a drivers license or any government card showing pic and residence.

Just thought i would through it out there. I did not know until the park ranger asked me if i had a drivers license in thailand. When i said yes he said i only pay thai prices. And the next four i went to. I showed my drivers license and no questions asked. Only paid thai rates.

I am a happy camper now.... :)

Yeah I use my Thai DL and works ID in the same way and got into CHiang Mai Zoo for local rates; I think my drivers license cost less than 100 baht, application, medcert, photos and phocopies and it's paid for itself many times over.

Despite having a Thai driver's licence, I was recently charged.

Ramkhamhaeng NP, Sukhothai - 200 Baht

Sri Satchanalai NP, Sukhothai - 200 Baht

Wiang Kosai NP, Phrae - 200 Baht

Mae Ping NP, Lamphoon - 100 Baht

The discretion to charge the Thai price for foreigners with driving licences lies with the staff at each National Park. I notice they are doing this a lot less after the 400 Baht blanket admission price was dropped.

The discretion to charge the Thai price for foreigners with driving licences lies with the staff at each National Park.

I agree completely, I have even been charged the different rates at the same park on the same weekend. Its all at the discretion of who is on the gate.