Itunes Problem

whooliggen

Having one particular issue with iTues/iPod which is a little annoying/challenging, so I was wondering if anyone else had such a problem, and if so, what they did to overcome it...

Every time I add a new album from itunes onto my ipod touch (3rdGen). artwork from albums already loaded on my player gets messed around/deleted??!! I will then have to re-attach that albums artwork only then for other albums cover art to get messed up? More often than not, right clicking on one of the "artwork muddled" tracks in iTunes shows the original/correct cover art, but on the ipod it's different/wrong?

I've done some internet hunting for this but can’t find an exact match for my problem, but I can't believe it's specific to my computer(windows Asus EeePC)/software/ipod?

Any help or insights very much appreciated!

Happy holidays,

W ph34r.gif

• 2 weeks later...

With all different types of album art: embedded in file, attached from itunes & 3rd party software used, the display back on the ipod continues to mess them up. So with the much vaunted MediaMonkey I attempted to start again and all I can say is that, only switch to a different piece of software if you know EXACTLY what you are doing and your WHOLE COLLECTION is properly backed up in the right format. I tried to use MediaMonkey to sort out the album art issue and to cut a VERY long and boring story short, that didn't work out too great and now iTunes won't recognise my iPod and after jumping through all the necessary hoops am only left with having to reset it and start again from scratch...

In my experience I hasten to add, - Basically, the album artwork thang appears to be an apple glitch with many users complaining of problems now, but use other software only with knowledge and after making sure your collection is properly backed up...

Hope it helps

W. :)

Just as a little follow up:

After resorting to a clean restore and downloading the latest version of iTunes (9.02.25) and using the ID3 tagging capability of the dBpoweramp software, everything so far is working as it should. Unfortunately I don't know if it was the restore or the new software download (or the combination) that did the trick, but for any frustrated users at there, it is possible to get it sorted.

Good luck!

W. :)