Bus Station To Rawai

sinatra

Are you comming to HKT via "Elifhant" (very Thai nic/chick for airplane) or Bus. If bus there are blue maxi baht buses at the bus station in Phuket Town. There is a full size buss that runs but not that often and thank Buddah we don't see the new Sii Champuu models that seem to be located in the lower Big C Car Park! If via Elifant as you exit the terminal go to the far right and take a meter taxi. Will be meter plus 100 baht service fee for the stand operator.. There will be touts who say 300 Patong/Kata/Rawai etc.. However you'll be stopped at a few tourist offices on by pass road and they work heavy sales on you!

Where abouts in Rawai are you going. If you pass the Rawai Lotus car park and see a black Fortuner with the hatch open stop by and say hello! Poom Baan!

OP seems to be saying that s/he'll arrive in Phuket by bus.

If so, then the cheapest way to get to Rawai would be the beach shuttle bus from the bus station which might cost 30 to 40 baht.

Taxi or tuk-tuk is always an option but their over-charging is legendary (as stevenl illustrates)

I've only had one bad experience with the beach shuttle bus (to Kata/Karon) in which the driver wanted to charge me 50 baht instead of the usual 40 baht (from the provincial bus station).

I am also surprised to see heavy-laden tourists walking from the provincial bus station to the Tao Pao market to catch the beach shuttle buses -- when they could wait at the bus station to catch the shuttle for just 10 baht extra.

I realize that not all drivers come to the bus station on their route, but most seem to.

So I'd like to heat others' experience with this (beach shuttle bus) service in Phuket.

Are you comming to HKT via "Elifhant" (very Thai nic/chick for airplane) or Bus. If bus there are blue maxi baht buses at the bus station in Phuket Town. There is a full size buss that runs but not that often and thank Buddah we don't see the new Sii Champuu models that seem to be located in the lower Big C Car Park! If via Elifant as you exit the terminal go to the far right and take a meter taxi. Will be meter plus 100 baht service fee for the stand operator.. There will be touts who say 300 Patong/Kata/Rawai etc.. However you'll be stopped at a few tourist offices on by pass road and they work heavy sales on you!

Where abouts in Rawai are you going. If you pass the Rawai Lotus car park and see a black Fortuner with the hatch open stop by and say hello! Poom Baan!

Sorry, you make no sense at all.