What is the minimum salary now?

I live in Phuket. My work permit renewal comes up November 27th. I've been paying tax on a salary of 35,000 baht per month. Am I supposed to be paying tax on a salary of 50,000 baht per month ALREADY or is the increase coming later?

Thanks

Companies have until July 10 next year to increase the wages of foreign employees to new minimum rates, Pol Capt Krissarat Nuesen of the Phuket Provincial Immigration Office, told the Gazette yesterday.

According to the link you provided the increase is not required until "July 10 next year".  I would assume that to be 2004/2547. :o

I am new on this forum. So maybe there is a FAQ area with an answer on my question.

I was employed in France till the end of 2002 and receive now a "salary" from the social security. As I am 51, the chance to find a new position here is about nihil! (despite  my Master Degree and fluency in 4 major Eur. languages!)

I have just received a proposal to be a french teacher somewhere in Thailand (French is my mother tongue and I do have a teaching experience) I know the country and am able to communicate in colloquial Thai, so this is not the issue.

The main worry is the financial one. What does really mean this minimum salary of 50.000 THB a month as tax base, what are the risks linked with the renewal of a workpermit or of a non-immigrant "B" visa?

many thanks

regards

geuda

I have raised this issue with them.

The salary they offer represents the net income, all the taxes are paid by the school, so the problem is solved.

Many thanks for the provided informations.