Buying A New House On Samui

Along with my Thai partner (not married) i am buying a property on Samui. Its on a private estate ( no rubbish , no thro traffic, no dogs singing all night) we are getting a 2 b/r. a/c. house (probably extent) with pool & sala. Building to our spec by company's archetect under German construction manager and German electrial supervisor. Land cost one million and in partners name so will be chanote.600 sq mtrs., all infrastructure included with concrete road. House in my name. 3 years interest free loan.

What kind of land rights have you arranged from the property owner and is the building permit in your name?

The OP explained that in his post.

Not exactly, "house in my name" is not the same as having the name on the building permit.

What kind of land rights have you arranged from the property owner and is the building permit in your name?

The OP explained neither. All he said is that the Chanote (land) will be is his Thai partners name and implied a German managed construction project. On that basis the OP cannot register the house in his name at the local Land Office. At a minimum he would need a 30 year lease on the land from his Thai partner plus a building permit in his name and/or sales agreement from the contractor, both registered at the local Land Office.

The OP explained neither. All he said is that the Chanote (land) will be is his Thai partners name and implied a German managed construction project. On that basis the OP cannot register the house in his name at the local Land Office. At a minimum he would need a 30 year lease on the land from his Thai partner plus a building permit in his name and/or sales agreement from the contractor, both registered at the local Land Office.

Rat on you lot of unbelievers................i have done my research and am happy with it..........Goodnight

.... have done my research and am happy with it...

It looks like reallyok like to make promotion for Samui and the german builders, but he is not sure if he did the right thing!? :)

You can research as much you like and there is still uncertainty. Many years ago i had a very unplesant

expirience with a German real-estate brooker in samui and i did my research too.

But i wish good luck and a nice time on samui.

So what's your question?

I don't think the OP has a question. All of the questions are coming from replies. I suppose the OP is just interested in letting the rest of us know what he/she has done.

That is correct , i am just trying to give others hope. But it seems that many are content on doing the opposite.

It looks like reallyok like to make promotion for Samui and the german builders, but he is not sure if he did the right thing!? :)

You can research as much you like and there is still uncertainty. Many years ago i had a very unplesant

expirience with a German real-estate brooker in samui and i did my research too.

Yes ! stay in the bedroom, lock the door, dont look outside as there might be a bad experience waiting for you.

Did you never hear the saying .........Nothing ventured, nothing earned !

Been coming to Samui for 8 years now and "always" have a nice time thank you!

p.s. Luck is what you make it !

Your partner doesnt need to go to LAS VEGAS .... She has already hit the jackpot with you !!!! If you havent payed for this house yet my only advice is run baby run ! Why do people keep buying homes they cant even say is really theres. FANRANG CANT OWN LAND IN THAILAND.. AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECUASE THE THAI HATING FARANGS SAY SO ... :)

Anyway good look i hope it works for you

Yes ! stay in the bedroom, lock the door, dont look outside as there might be a bad experience waiting for you.

I am sorry to say but it sounds like you are easy ready to be conned here. You say 'Nothing Ventured , nothing earned ' there is no chance you will earn any money from this. You will lose your money from this. You will never see 1 baht of this money again. Everyone wins here apart from you. The estate agent ( i think i no which company that is ) he wins... he gets your money for the house. Then your GF also wins she gets a free house not having to pay anything for it. Now what do you get ? When you and your gf break up you will have nothing from this. You have / are being conned simply as that. Are you going to live here full time ? if not then why buy a house for your gf.

p.s the only 'LUCK' involed with this, is the lucky day your gf met you and found her free ticket in life... LONG LIVE THE FARANG CASH COWS. :D

People like these cost us all money in the long run becuase some thai girls want all farang to buy them a house now... what ever happened to them ' sick buffalos ' ?? they where the cheaper days !!! :D

He forgot to tell us he was very handsome, hung like a donkey and he was getting a 4 car parking sala for the Ferrari, Porche, Fortuna, for the partner obviously and pick up for the staff. As for no noise, barking dogs etc he must have had too many champagne cocktails when he was doing his research :)

Maybe the company is called KO properties or something like that..... or did i get them letters the wrond way round ! ? :)

Anyway we cant say the name of companys on here... but thats ok beucase i dont think the are any german run properties companys call KO properties on samui ! But as a said maybe i got the letters the wrong way round. these things do happen guys :D

These is one company that seem to advertise in all the magazines.. they seem to have ' breaking news all the time ... ' farangs can now process land in thailand ' what ever that means. !! ???

I am will to bet it is this company. but can anyone remember the name ?? hmmm let me think :D

I am sorry to say but it sounds like you are easy ready to be conned here. You say 'Nothing Ventured , nothing earned ' there is no chance you will earn any money from this. You will lose your money from this. You will never see 1 baht of this money again. Everyone wins here apart from you. The estate agent ( i think i no which company that is ) he wins... he gets your money for the house. Then your GF also wins she gets a free house not having to pay anything for it. Now what do you get ? When you and your gf break up you will have nothing from this. You have / are being conned simply as that. Are you going to live here full time ? if not then why buy a house for your gf.

p.s the only 'LUCK' involed with this, is the lucky day your gf met you and found her free ticket in life... LONG LIVE THE FARANG CASH COWS. :D

People like these cost us all money in the long run becuase some thai girls want all farang to buy them a house now... what ever happened to them ' sick buffalos ' ?? they where the cheaper days !!! :D

While this may be the case, and it happens often with foreigners - it is naive and cynical of you to assume that is what is happening with the OP. He has said nothing about the woman or his relationship with her. For all you know she comes from a rich Bangkok family, was educated in the US and has far more money than the OP. Not every Thai women behaves like a bar girl.

Edited by DegenFarang

What a strange thread!

Someone starts it off by saying 'I've bought a house' then other people jump on him 'oh no you haven't' ...'oh yes i have!' then others arrive, defending him and attacking the attackers.....seeing as it's pantomime season i wonder if there'll be a happy ending and a song?

now where's that pesky villain?......'BEHIND YOU!'

What a strange thread!

Someone starts it off by saying 'I've bought a house' then other people jump on him 'oh no you haven't' ...'oh yes i have!' then others arrive, defending him and attacking the attackers.....seeing as it's pantomime season i wonder if there'll be a happy ending and a song?

now where's that pesky villain?......'BEHIND YOU!'

Yes ..... this thread has run off the rails !!

Anyway .... what's the OP's question ?

I'm not a big fan of Samui , but if he provides me the air ticket and accomodation I will come down ....

just let us know when and where the house warming is .... :)

cheers !

hmm well lets think about what the op has given us. he is buying 600sq meters of land for 1m baht so that is 2m a rai +- and it is in a dead end gated community that is still under construction. with the promise of no dogs or noise? German supervision and electrician. come guys it's a small island, any guesses where the op has made his buy? my bet is near nathorn.

Rat on you lot of unbelievers................i have done my research and am happy with it..........Goodnight

the building permit should be in the contractors name. if anything goes wrong with the house then the german is not liable because you have signed to say that u r in charge. big mistake.

the person that manages the project should be the one to sign for the permission. in 2 years time if the wall falls down. u will have a problem going to court. also don't sign to say that the building is complete until the warrentee is up. other wise the court has proof that u have agreed the house is finished. if the contracter offers 3 years warrentee then sign that paper after 3 years. u really need a trusted lawyer now. save u loads in the long term

Ahhhhh! now i get it. You are one of those fools who let their brains go to their 'BxxxS'. Got conned by one of those dirt poor uneducated bar girls from ISAAN who's main claim is being able to shout "allo andsome man".

Well mine comes from a relatively wealthy southern family, had a very good education and has her own business....................

Sick Buffalo .....my ass !

She does not need me to give her a decent life, because one day her and her sister will inherit more than the average Isaan farm girl could ever dream of.

"Along with my Thai partner (not married) i am buying a property on Samui. Its on a private estate ( no rubbish , no thro traffic, no dogs singing all night) we are getting a 2 b/r. a/c. house (probably extent) with pool & sala. Building to our spec by company's archetect under German construction manager and German electrial supervisor. Land cost one million and in partners name so will be chanote.600 sq mtrs., all infrastructure included with concrete road. House in my name. 3 years interest free loan. "

I think most people are just saying beware - There is a German Company advertising that it is OK for foreigners to own land in Thailand as seen on BBC , CNN etc . This is false , so what else can you believe .

Ask your lawyer to check the court cases in samui - be extra careful /