Old Clothes - Where Can I Donate?

KevinHunt

I normally see articles in the local mags about donating clothes, bedding etc at this time of year, but I haven't noticed any lately. I've had a clear out of my wardrobe (I accept that I'm not going to get into them 34" trousers again - espescially after Christmas) and now I've got to figure out where to take them. Any ideas. I do recall seeing a clothes drop-off at one of the Supermarkets, but can't remember which one? My clear-out was based on my usual maxim 'If in doubt - throw it out'. If I could persuade my wife to do the same, we'd need a decent sized pick-up to take them away.  :)

Edited by KevinHunt

7th day adventists church on Ekamai, Sukhumvit Soi 71 (from Sukhumvit) about 2km > turn left, I think there are signs for International school and both Thai and international church. They will distribute it to the needy and poor.
Any advice on shipping from Chiang Mai to Bangkok?

Just put them in a bag and give them to the first unfortunate poor soul you see.

He or she will find a home for them, no question. I saw a guy wearing my size 11 Nike trainers for ages and he had about size 5 feet. He could have gone skiing in them!

There was recently a thread with a similar topic. Can’t find it any more.

I only stored the address where I had sent my parcel to by EMS:

The Thai Red Cross Society

(Cold Weather Relief for Children in Remote Areas Project)

The Relief and Public Health Bureau,

1871 Henri Dunant Road, Pathumwan,

Bangkok 10330

*Tel: 251-7853-5, 251-7614-5, and 256-4391, Fax: 252-7976

7th day adventists church on Ekamai, Sukhumvit Soi 71 (from Sukhumvit) about 2km > turn left, I think there are signs for International school and both Thai and international church. They will distribute it to the needy and poor.
Any advice on shipping from Chiang Mai to Bangkok?

There a 7th day adventists church here on the northern side of the outer moat mani noppharat road somewhere between computer plaza and the northwest corner. The church has very large lettering identifying itself on the border sidewalk wall.