Dutyfree Alcohol And Connections

Fire

With the restrictions on fluid bottles going into airplane cabin...

Will I have a problem buying duty free alcohol bottle in another country,

landing in BKK and flying to Chiang Mai after 4 hours?

Several years ago , the security at domestic departure said, as it wasn't sealed by King Power in their special bags they would confiscate it!!!! A good bottle of Malt!!! ( Do I detect a rip off??)

I simply took my hand luggage back and checked it in. At CM I had luggage at international and domestic but the security guard let me back into the domestic luggage section with no problem!

Several years ago , the security at domestic departure said, as it wasn't sealed by King Power in their special bags they would confiscate it!!!! A good bottle of Malt!!! ( Do I detect a rip off??)

I simply took my hand luggage back and checked it in. At CM I had luggage at international and domestic but the security guard let me back into the domestic luggage section with no problem!

i bought duty free in dubia,thai airways not let me take it on board at bkk to cnx so had to get it boxed up and send in the hold,then when i got to cnx custom guy fined me 1000bht for having 1 bottle to many,this was 2 years ago,i had cleared domestic cnx, but then had to go international,to get luggage,and took my drinks in to international and got done.

If you're checking your baggage all the way through to CM, then you go through the International to Domestic transfer point in at Bangkok airport. On arrival in CM, you then go to the international arrivals area to receive your baggage & clear customs in CM. In the CM international arrivals area, there is a King Power duty free store, where you can buy alcohol on arrival in CM. It's open most times, however have arrived in this way on the last flight from Bangkok, only to find the duty free store is closed! Most of the time it's OK though.

If you're clearing customs in Bangkok and then transfering to the domestic terminal, then you need to make sure the alcohol is in a duty free sealed bag. If it is in the original & onopened sealed duty free bag, have had no problem with domestic security, who simply inspect the bag & then let you (and the bag!) through.