Un Irish Bar

james24

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the UN Irish a few days ago with my date - JEEZE the Thai staff are terrible - miserable and nasty

What's the matter with the management? I asked if they had any Guinness left and this older girl pointed to a sign which said Guinness was finished (which I knew but wondered if they had any barrels left) so I was about to have a draft bitter but she was so off-putting I just walked out.

I know TIT but I rarely get this reaction in other establishments in CNX and it was so unusual it took me aback.

Was the look she gave you (while pointing) saying "can't you read you silly old sod" :D

Why would the staff say the Guinness was finished if they still had barrels left

:) .

Why would you ask if they had any Guinness left if you knew the Guinness was finished :D or perhaps you thought that were saving some for VIP customers such as yourself.

Edited by alfieconn

Went to the UN Irish a few days ago with my date - JEEZE the Thai staff are terrible - miserable and nasty

What's the matter with the management? I asked if they had any Guinness left and this older girl pointed to a sign which said Guinness was finished (which I knew but wondered if they had any barrels left) so I was about to have a draft bitter but she was so off-putting I just walked out.

I know TIT but I rarely get this reaction in other establishments in CNX and it was so unusual it took me aback.

Was the look she gave you (while pointing) saying "can't you read you silly old sod" :D

Why would the staff say the Guinness was finished if they still had barrels left

Why would you ask if they had any Guinness left if you knew the Guinness was finished :D or perhaps you thought that were saving some for VIP customers such as yourself.

gimme a break - I see I have hit a sore point with some of you - I report what I found - unpleasant and rude staff and if you read the thread I am not the only one - I am reporting what I found that's all - I do find that some people defend ex-pat places to the death because that's their life - mixing with ex-pats in ex-pat bars - great but don't splam people who report what they find in your little corner of 'farangland'.

In this instance I just asked 'do you have any Guinness'? and this sad looking and miserable older girl pointed to the sign and gave me a dirty look - when I went to ask for a drink she walked away and said something in Thai - my Thai date was shocked and said let's go. The other younger girl smiled at me and gave me a look of great sympathy so this other staff must be known to be like that. Maybe some of you find that acceptable - I don't and I live here and never get that elsewhere - anyway as John Lennon sings 'I'm not the only one'

gimme a break - I see I have hit a sore point with some of you - I report what I found - unpleasant and rude staff and if you read the thread I am not the only one - I am reporting what I found that's all - I do find that some people defend ex-pat places to the death because that's their life - mixing with ex-pats in ex-pat bars - great but don't splam people who report what they find in your little corner of 'farangland'.

In this instance I just asked 'do you have any Guinness'? and this sad looking and miserable older girl pointed to the sign and gave me a dirty look - when I went to ask for a drink she walked away and said something in Thai - my Thai date was shocked and said let's go. The other younger girl smiled at me and gave me a look of great sympathy so this other staff must be known to be like that. Maybe some of you find that acceptable - I don't and I live here and never get that elsewhere - anyway as John Lennon sings 'I'm not the only one'

It's a pity you didn't write the above in the first place.

:D .

It's a pity you didn't write the above in the first place.

:) I guess, like emails, posts don't always reflect what 'we think' - anyway my intention was not to bash UN Irish bar just comment on that particular member of staff on that particular day - anyway... moving on...

Your first post reflected what you thought but it certainly did not reflect what actually happened, that only came later when you started to whine about negative comments. Regardless of what you say in all your posts it is bashing UN Irish bar like it or not. How can it not be?

Your first post reflected what you thought but it certainly did not reflect what actually happened, that only came later when you started to whine about negative comments. Regardless of what you say in all your posts it is bashing UN Irish bar like it or not. How can it not be?

what's wrong with you? I reported what I found (and others have found the same) end of subject