Taxi Services That Have Infant/baby Car Seat?

TheJoker12

I was at the airport recently coming back from Chiang Mai, and I saw a taxi driver in the queue where you pay an extra 50baht to get one, open his trunk and pull out an infant car seat for a foreign couple with a young baby. He even put it in the seat correctly with the infant facing backwards, so he knew what he was doing.

Unfortunately that was the only one I've EVER seen here in 5 years (other than people who have their own infant car seat with them).

My advice; if you want one while you are here, bring your own.

As has been pointed out even finding a seat belt in the rear of a taxi is difficult.

I used to use the taxis parked outside my condo building.

I could put my child seat in it and they would drop it off back at the condo reception and pick it up from there again when they came to meet me at the airport.

Nowadays I just drive myself to the airport and leave the car in the car park until my return. It works out cheaper than using taxis too.

You guys are a bit slow, eh? Yes, I know you are lucky to find a meter taxi with seat belts that is why I am asking for taxi services. You see these car services offered in hotels but the prices are exorbitant. I am looking for a taxi service with reasonable rates that offers infant seats. Certainly, when a company is showing someone around or someone needs to get to and from somewhere, the only option is not Somchai from Udon's 1992 Corolla Hatchback.

What about the Airport Taxi Services that cost around 1200 baht into the city, do they have infant seats?

Bringing our own carseat into a meter taxi is pointless as they won't have seat belts in the backseat anyways.

You guys are a bit slow, eh? Yes, I know you are lucky to find a meter taxi with seat belts that is why I am asking for taxi services. You see these car services offered in hotels but the prices are exorbitant. I am looking for a taxi service with reasonable rates that offers infant seats. Certainly, when a company is showing someone around or someone needs to get to and from somewhere, the only option is not Somchai from Udon's 1992 Corolla Hatchback.

What about the Airport Taxi Services that cost around 1200 baht into the city, do they have infant seats?

Bringing our own carseat into a meter taxi is pointless as they won't have seat belts in the backseat anyways.

Good luck trying to find the cheap way out, why don't you find a hotel that offers free pick up from the airport that also have a baby seat? or is that out of your budget also?

Good luck trying to find the cheap way out, why don't you find a hotel that offers free pick up from the airport that also have a baby seat? or is that out of your budget also?

Perhaps he was not quick enough to think of that. :)

I am not booking a hotel room and I am looking to get to the airport to my home with a taxi not to a hotel.

Do the various taxi services in the airport that cost around 1200 baht have infant seats?

I had similar issues when planning for my sisters visit.

She will arrive with 3 children and very few of of the taxi's have rear seat belts, as such I don't want her to use taxi's.

As I will be busy I have hired a Toyota D4 mini-van for her (B1800 per day - 10am-10pm) - They offer child seats, its my understanding that a few other Van-for-hire businesses also provide their own.

She will bring her own child seats for use in my car when she is not using the hired van.

If these van companies charge B1800 - B2400 per day (the quotes I received) - then they may charge significantly less for a single collection or drop off.