Denon Receiver Help In Phuket

Andyman

Well my Denon AVR 2105 just stopped working, listening to music one minute off the next :D the standby light rapidly flashing red.

Looked in the manual and it says either high voltage or short from speakers, i am guessing it is the high voltage.

Took it to Denon in Phuket town......... they were going to send it to bangkok, until i heard they wanted 10% of the retail value just to crack it open as it was am import (I brought it with me from the UK) plus what ever it cost to fix it :)

Took it to another place and after a couple of days and 500THB was told it had a problem with the left hand side and i needed to order it, not sure if "Left hand side" is a valid Denon part number.

So now i am left scratching my head, as i can buy a similar NAD for 15k new (Old stock) but still hoping i can get this fixed, anybody got suggestions.

Did you check for a speaker short, by disconnecting the all speakers to see if it will then power on correctly?

If it does come on, then reconnect the speakers one by one, until you find the problem unit.

10% of retail, just to look, does sound like a rip off.

Your could ask for an estimate of the price of a "Left hand side" from your local guy,

then take it from there.

Personnally I would try to get it to the Denon Dealers in Bangkok as they will have the best access to spares.

MAHAJAK DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD.

6th Fl., Mahajak Building

46 Sukhumvit 3 (Nananua)

Klongteoy,

Wattana,

Bangkok 10110,

THAILAND

TEL: +66-2-256-0020

FAX: +66-2-253-1696

At least call them beforehand to see what they think.

MAHAJAK DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD.

6th Fl., Mahajak Building

46 Sukhumvit 3 (Nananua)

Klongteoy,

Wattana,

Bangkok 10110,

THAILAND

TEL: +66-2-256-0020

FAX: +66-2-253-1696

At least call them beforehand to see what they think.

You might also try calling Khun Kavee (sales at Paragon) who speaks fairly good English.

K. Kavee Seaskul (Branch Manager, Dream Theater)

[email protected]

+66-2610-9672~3

If they have the parts (or for that matter if the model in question was ever distributed in Thailand) they should be able to send the parts to the dealer in Phuket who can replace parts for you. I think the 10% fee is what your local shop is demanding, not Mahajak. If your Denon is only worth 15,000 baht and if the problem was caused by speaker short circuit I wouldn't bother repairing.

Mahajak will quote you a large service fee as its an imported unit.

Do you have Num Chai electroinics in Phuket? They might be worth a try.

Main problem is that if the unit requires a non 'off the shelf' spare part - ie something that's only made for denon Mahajak WILL NOT sell spares to a non mahajak service centre.

Mahajak will quote you a large service fee as its an imported unit.

Do you have Num Chai electroinics in Phuket? They might be worth a try.

Main problem is that if the unit requires a non 'off the shelf' spare part - ie something that's only made for denon Mahajak WILL NOT sell spares to a non mahajak service centre.

Have not tried them, do you have a number or address?