What Time Should I Get To Chiang Mai Immigration To Do A Visa Extension?

DavidAttenborough

Yeah I don't want to take any chances. I had planned to do it today but then I realised I would probably have to be there before a certain time, like 1pm, and it was already 3pm. Does anyone know what the latest time I can arrive is?

It looks like tomorrow will be my last chance as I'm assuming it will be closed on New Years Eve (??) and definitely New Years Day. Then the 2nd is a Saturday, not sure if it will be open, the 3rd a Sunday so closed and it's already too late by then anyway.

Edited by DavidAttenborough

Yeah I don't want to take any chances. I had planned to do it today but then I realised I would probably have to be there before a certain time, like 1pm, and it was already 3pm. Does anyone know what the latest time I can arrive is?

It looks like tomorrow will be my last chance as I'm assuming it will be closed on New Years Eve (??) and definitely New Years Day. Then the 2nd is a Saturday, not sure if it will be open, the 3rd a Sunday so closed and it's already too late by then anyway.

Last week I was there at 8.10 am,the doors were open, and still 4 th in line for a renewal. There are quite a few tourists around so you need to get up early. They close 12 -1 so no point going around that time..

It used to be that if you got there right after the lunch break, at 1 PM, it was clear sailing.

Now with the new ticket queue machine, and the late morning backlog of people who come in right before lunch close (say 11:30) and are holding a ticket...

My advice is, go at opening first thing.