Farangs In Kamphaeng Phet Area

edthhd

I am building a house in my wife's home village of Kuy Ban Ong which is about 30 km ENE of Kampahaeng Phet.

Are there any Farangs living in the area and where do they go to meet other Farangs?

Also looking for good source for kitchen appliances.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but all the falangs I know of live WSW of Kamphaeng Phet. There's one really, really old guy (love you billd) that lives about a 3/4 hour away, my house is more along the lines of an hour or so if I don't have the nagging wife along (why you go to fast...and that's at 80!). There's also our resident cassava guru who lives between billd and I.

Most of the people I know in our area are into taking motobike rides; usually get together and toodle around till we get hungry or the bladders tell us it's break time.

Appliances can be bought down in Nakhon Sawan at Fairyland, plus it gets you into a more 'civilised' city than KamPhet.

Edited by dave_boo

Sorry for the late reply, but all the falangs I know of live WSW of Kamphaeng Phet. There's one really, really old guy (love you billd) that lives about a 3/4 hour away, my house is more along the lines of an hour or so if I don't have the nagging wife along (why you go to fast...and that's at 80!). There's also our resident cassava guru who lives between billd and I.

Most of the people I know in our area are into taking motobike rides; usually get together and toodle around till we get hungry or the bladders tell us it's break time.

Appliances can be bought down in Nakhon Sawan at Fairyland, plus it gets you into a more 'civilised' city than KamPhet.

Hey Dave

Don't forget that there is a small Lotus Tesco and KFC in Khampaeng Phet and next month Makro will be opening.

edthhd Posted 2009-12-29 17:12:24 I am building a house in my wife's home village of Kuy Ban Ong which is about 30 km ENE of Kampahaeng Phet.

Are there any Farangs living in the area and where do they go to meet other Farangs?

From what I have seen of KP it is a bit like a county town and there does not seem to be much there. There is some night life I have been told but nothing much before 9pm. I live 65 km south west and it takes ne about 50 minutes to get there but I wouldn't go at night mainly because to be safe if I drink I wuould have to stay overnight.

I have seen a few farangs now and again but I have no idea where they live or go in the daytime.

Sorry about that.

Hey Dave

Don't forget that there is a small Lotus Tesco and KFC in Khampaeng Phet and next month Makro will be opening.

edthhd Posted 2009-12-29 17:12:24 I am building a house in my wife's home village of Kuy Ban Ong which is about 30 km ENE of Kampahaeng Phet.

From what I have seen of KP it is a bit like a county town and there does not seem to be much there. There is some night life I have been told but nothing much before 9pm. I live 65 km south west and it takes ne about 50 minutes to get there but I wouldn't go at night mainly because to be safe if I drink I wuould have to stay overnight.

I have seen a few farangs now and again but I have no idea where they live or go in the daytime.

Sorry about that.

Yeah, the big problem is that it's nearly as quick for me to get to NakWan and shop at the Big-C with its larger selection.

I was in KhamPhet today and there are quite a few shops selling kitchen and household appliances but there is not the choice that you will get in the bigger cities.

The Makro there opens on 3rd Feb.

Perhaps Phitsanulok which is north of KhamPhet I know has a large LotusTesco, Makro and other big shops would be better for you and there are more farangs up there as well.

Edited by billd766

Hello mate,

There are 4 blokes living near khirimat drinking beer most days and talking a lot of <deleted>.

We can make it 5 if you want to.

(+ there are more fallangs in our area)

If you drink chang your in the circle already.

Hope to see you in the next meeting.

Hello mate,

There are 4 blokes living near khirimat drinking beer most days and talking a lot of <deleted>.

We can make it 5 if you want to.

(+ there are more fallangs in our area)

If you drink chang your in the circle already.

Hope to see you in the next meeting.

your the only one who talks <deleted> mate lol