Sunshine Tots

Boo

Anyone with any experience of this kids nursery in Bophut please.? Or any recommendations for nursery (thai or other) within 30min drive of the Ban Rak area for a 2.5yr old boy for the next 3+months.

Thanks

Hi Boo! :)

I haven't heard so much abotu Sunshine tots.

It is an english couple that owns it. They used to charge 250baht/hour before according to the note that was on Big C and Tesco. Now i don't know.

Then there is Oon-Rak nursery and preschol on the mainroad just before Nathon. (if you drive the Boput-Maenam-way)

The schoolhouse entrance is shaped like a boat.

They have english program there. I think we will put our girl there next semester if it isn't full.

According to the note i have they charge: (for the nursery)

500baht/day

2200baht/week

7500baht/month

Here is the phonenumber to Oon-rak: 077-236 351-2

Take care,

/comehome :D

Edited by Comehome

I like the look of oon-rak && if they are 7500 a month then they are considerably cheaper than sunshine tots whose website state 12k baht a month!!! Only problem with oon rak is that is a very far from us, I even did a test drive yesterday just to see how far & it took me 40 minutes with average traffic at 12pm so not sure how bad it would be at 8am? Tots in the other hand is a 5 minute drive away. BUt I woudl really lie him to be in a thai/english program so I may be doing the run to Oon-rak at this rate :)

limbos, can you give me an idea of where on the ghost road the nursery is please. Really need to find something for my boys entertainment & my sanity :D

Will also check out the buddys thing.

Cheers

There is one by the Chaweng Lake and in Bangrak as well, the same owner i think.

We went to visit the one by the lake earlier this month and they say it is both english and thai but the staff mostly spoke thai. At least that was my feeling.

Went to the other one in Bangrak (don't know if it is the same sbk means on the ghostroad), but after 5 minutes there a boy came up and gave my daughter a slap in the face, so we left immediately.

I know there might be children like that everywhere but that place just didn't seem right for our daughter.

The place at Buddy Lamai seems very nice.

We were there too and there wasn't many children there at all.

Had almost forgotten that place so thanks there Carmine for reminding me.

Don't know the price there though.

I think Oon-rak has an enrolment fee for pillows, madrasses, uniform etc. and it is 3000baht.

Call and ask them or go by if you have time, i think the place looks really good and i had a good feeling with them.

There is also Lamai learning center, (up in the jungle behind Buddy hotel Lamai, you turn at the Tamarind spa-sign and the Familymart) but i think the nursery class is full at the moment.

They are a lot more expensive and it is more like a school with lots of children and classroms.

take care,

/comehome :)

I called oon-rak & spoke to a thai speaking staff member who confirmed the prices given by comehome, the school bus is 2k baht a month or 200 a day but tbh he is 2.5 years old & don't think he is ready for a school bus so would drive him myself, also presumably on the bus they have to leave early do the various pick ups?

She told us to drop by Monday to have a tour with an English speaking staff member so will report back then.

Oon rak has always been my first choice & the only down side is the distance but then it is only for 3 months & I don't have a job so...