Cheeseburgers & Chips In Mukdahan

Tagaa

RIP - I went to try KCi burger this afternoon, December 8, 2012 - out of business.

What a shame I am in Mukdahan for 1 month now and missing westerner food, especially a hamburger.

With all the good reviews I wonder why they went out of business .

Photo attached showing a new business which was also closed at 1pm on a Saturday

Edited by howard251

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mukdahan would be a perfect fit for affordable McDonalds or Burger King,

at this point even Jeffer's would do as they sell affordable quality burgers.

As a Farang living in Mukdahan for 1 month it seems the modern presence

of a business is Big-C and Tesco Lotus. No wonder why places like this are

packed fully with limited parking on weekends, they are the only show in town.

Howard, it was mentioned on this thread a year ago that the place had closed. Ubon has only just got a Jeffers and McDonalds in the last year and it is a lot bigger place then sleepy (but I love it) Mukdahan.

I do have to question your thoughts on Jeffers or Maccas doing a good hamburger though! Spend a little more and get a real hamburger at the place I mentioned above and enjoy the fantastic setting at the same time. A seat on the deck next to the swimming pool on the banks of the Mekong River while munching on a great hamburger.......... clap2.gif

• Like 1

Mukdahan would be a perfect fit for affordable McDonalds or Burger King,

at this point even Jeffer's would do as they sell affordable quality burgers.

As a Farang living in Mukdahan for 1 month it seems the modern presence

of a business is Big-C and Tesco Lotus. No wonder why places like this are

packed fully with limited parking on weekends, they are the only show in town.

As mentioned by Memock in previous posts Mukdahan Manors Restaurant which is known to Thai's as Song Fung Khong, in English The Waterfront or just as Mr Don's house is 3kl south of the Indo China Market on the River road called Samlanchai Khong Tai road. Here you can get everything from Hamburgers and Meat Pies to Aussie Steaks, New Zealand Lamb, Norweigan Salmon, NZ Mussels, Tassie Schollops, It has a very Extensive Menu and a Bar that stocks almost everything, even Port. This Restaurant has won the Best Restaurant Award in Mukdahan for the past 2 years, Presented by the Governor and the Health Department and there is little doubt that it is by far the best place for Foreigners to eat but amazeingly the clientel is 95% Thai & Lao people who travell from even nearby provinces to dine there. So if you want good food or even a plate of Chips or Potato Wedges with a Cold Beer and good music this is the place.