Non Imm O Extension

Hello in regards to supplying a copy of your overseas marriage certificate i read the requirements for the extension of the non o visa and states you only need to supply a copy of your marriage certificate. It does not state whether it needs to be transalated or does not state it has to be registered with MFA and the local amphur.

can anyone advise if my australian marriage certificate is sufficent and does not have to be registered as above ?

For an extension based on marriage, immigration now wants to have the foreign marriage registered in Thailand. Registered in this case means that the Thai government also have it on file that you are married, not that you mary again in Thailand.

For this you need to have your wedding certificate legalised by your embassy, than have it translated into Thai and than have it legalised by the Thai foreign ministry, next you go to an amphur you have the marriage entered in the register. Dont forget to ask for a copy of the marriage register, duly stamped. It is that docuemnt immigraiton wants.

I just renewed my non O visa last month in Nakhon Pathom. The Immigration office did ask me to have my Canadian marriage certificate certified by the Canadian embassy but did not require a Thai translation or registration of the marriage with any offices in Thailand. Perhaps the requirements vary based on the Immigration office you go to.