Welcome To New Members - 2553/2010

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha Tipp...its still there...but hasnt been updated much.

ofcourse the chocolate eating continues, the writing has dwindled though.

welcome to all the new members. hope you enjoy your stay :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good evening, it's about 5:50pm where I am in the US. I am new to the forum and it's my first time on this page. I am looking for any and all serious and useful information on making what is planned to be a permanent relocation to Bangkok. There is so much I need to know. What kind of visa do I need & how much will it cost me. I don't want to do what I have heard called "border runs" every so often.

I have a niece who lives outside of Bangkok who wants me to come and teach or help teach English to her students. If I do this as a missions trip/missionary is there a different proceedure for that? All these questions and I'm just getting started for a hopeful trip in the spring. I have never traveled abroad before and this is all quite overwhelming. Will being a minister hurt me or help me is another issue I worry about.

Anyway enough drivel about me and my travel concerns. It'll either work out or it won't. What about some of you? Care to share? Have anything to add? Just want to say Hi? Have at it. I will read and respond to any post to my comment.

Thanks and greetings to all again.

Reverend Ken.

Hello to Everybody. My name is Evgenij (Jack), I'm from Russia.. I'm staying in Thailand for two years already..

Great forum.. Many interesting discussions here.. SO I will be happy, if I can help to somebody, with advice, and find the new friends and connections here..

Edited by MiG16
to remove non English text - by MiG16

Good evening, it's about 5:50pm where I am in the US. I am new to the forum and it's my first time on this page. I am looking for any and all serious and useful information on making what is planned to be a permanent relocation to Bangkok. There is so much I need to know. What kind of visa do I need & how much will it cost me. I don't want to do what I have heard called "border runs" every so often. I have a niece who lives outside of Bangkok who wants me to come and teach or help teach English to her students. If I do this as a missions trip/missionary is there a different...

Hi Ken! If I'm not mistaking you'll need a work permit in your case. Whatever work you do in Thailand, even as a volunteer, you need a work permit.

Other ways to get a visa is; based on marriage with a Thai, being on retirement, being there for business or being in Thailand to study.

Each type of Visa has it own set of rules you must comply to... some are not so difficult some are.

Check the following out: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=stay

welcome to the forum everyone

Ken - I would suggest you start a separate thread in the relevant forum (visa perhaps?), as this thread doesnt get that much traffic, and is only intended as a greeting space.

Wriggler - please post in english only :) forum rules asks that only English is used (with the exception of Thai, and that too is only allowed in the thai language subforum only)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Ive been reading posts for a few days now and finally plucked up the courage to join and say hello.

Live in UK with my thai wife of 4 years, but shes been encouraging me to change my life (however, she loves the UK weather, including this years snow :bah: ).

So, any pointers on visa's (gosh i cant get my head round these) and career changing employment would be most welcome, so i could perhaps move to LOS.

Happy to struggle and work hard (love it infact) and as the big 50 approaches in a few years :ermm: like to be happy and not rich!!

Kindest regards all

luv2bexpat

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, i am a new user of this forum, i am glad to be here, i hope i will make a lot of friends here, and i hope my problems will be solved with the help of our lovely members, i also want help others to solve their problems if i can.

Best wishes for everyone here.

Greetings to all,

TV has helped since i started browsing for visa information last year and eventually went to Laos for runs.

After 2 long years of planning, I'm finally getting married within the next 6 months and settle down in Roi Et.

Looking forward to building a house and expanding on my aqua-culture venture.

Have purchased a car but looking to replace it with a truck.

Big thanks to all from TV for all the information tips. All these wouldn't have been possible without TV.

And here I am finally signed up. Great site to be at!!

Cheers,

Sinblesser

I thought that it was time to say hello to everyone , I have been watching this forum for some time nowand find some of the topics quiet enjoyable ,i have just been in thailand and have returned to australia on the 31/10/2010 and will be back there again for the newyear,

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick hello,I've been living in Thailand for the last 4 years.

I've been a member of other pattaya forums but got so bored with the <deleted> and bullshit on them I thought I'd come here and see if it's any more interesting and informative than the other pattaya based forums.

Hopefully it will be ?

nice to see a lot of new members join us

hope you all enjoy the forum, and also your time in Thailand - both those on visits and those who have moved here.

welcome to the forum, and to Thailand!

sawaddee kha (typed while giving you a 'smile' to match the welcome)

Seems like a good place to make my first post,been lurking for some time and as i am currently back in the UK, i have far to much time on my hands at night and weekends,a brief history of my travels in Thailand are as follows,been travelling to Thailand for 2 years,generally do 3 month trips and usually reside near Lom Sak Phetchabun with my fantastic soon to be wife and extended Thai family,just returned back to UK only two weeks ago to replenish the funds,absolutely love it in the north and am looking to make a permenant move in the near future,i look forward to speaking with fellow members who i am sure will put me in the picture regarding any issues that may arise,all the best Stoneyboy.