Welcome To New Members - 2553/2010

webfact

Welcome to Thaivisa

On behalf of the moderators, admins, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

This is the Welcome thread for 2010/2553, so post your introduction here

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

welcome Charles, and Shirley :)

hope you enjoy your time on Thaivisa, and Charles all the best for when you do decide to move to Thailand. I think its a great country (but some may say Im biased :D )

Hello, after reading so many post as a guest (for example from the links in "The Nation", I thought it was time to join and be able to contribute. I am a 53 year old male living and working as an engineer in Germany. Travelling to Thailand since 1994 (a year after getting connected to a Isaan-Thai woman that I met here). Officially married for 11 years now. Had all ups and downs, saw people fail in Thailand, a few succeeding.

Been to Isaan so many times, saw other places too.

A good friend of mine will leave for Thailand in Feb on a retirement visa. I (we) are strongly thinking about doing the same.

this place is great information source, and i have found it very handy over time. i half live in australia (working) and half in thailand (relaxing). i love both countries like home.. and appreciate having a forum like this for when i need info on certain things like visas.. and also have picked up a lot of general info.. and enjoy the entertaining discussions here. right now i'm in loei and today is the start of the cotton blossom festival! nice :) cheers!

Hi everybody

My name is Vincent and I’m 33 years old and from Brussels.

Just discovered this website recently and I must say it has some interesting threads that I will be reading with a lot of interests and I will probably be asking a few things too in the next months.

You could say I’m a Thailand-newbie as I’m preparing my first trip of 3 weeks around September and October. On my whish-list for a long time already but this year it moved to the to-do list. The goal is to travel (alone) for two weeks visiting both north and south of the country and then staying one week in BKK where my cousin has been living over the last 4 years. He will be showing me around there.

As this is my first big trip by myself I will be looking out for practical information on what to do and what not.

The ideas of Buddhism are also my view on life and the way I stand into this world and I can’t wait to fall for the charms of the country, the culture, the people in general and who knows the woman. ;-)

Sometimes feeling the hunger to move somewhere to some new place in this world. So who knows what this trip will do with my future

Hi all,

Another new-comer to this site. Hope to learn a lot, and contribute wherever I can ... although from first glance, there seems to be several resident "experts" here who prowl the virtual corridors, dispensing excellent comments and advice.

See you in the fora (my old Latin master would be so proud! :) ) ....

Hi all! Joined a week or so ago and this is my first post, the site is an absolute mine of information and I'm so glad I found it, was in Thailand for 6 weeks over the New Year but unfortunately I'm back in Blighty now, and I'm cold and suffering, lol :)