Central World, What A Disapointment :(

mads

First of all happy new year to you all :)

Am I the only one who was so disappointed about the fireworks display at central world ?

It lasted maybe 3-4 minutes and was really tame. Was that a mistake or what happened ?

according to members at celebrations at sanam luang the display there was amazing http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Year-Party-S...ml&hl=sanam

Simply more space to spread the devices to be watched from the save distance. Also security might have played a role - very constricted space with a lot of high rise glassed buildings.

the first show was already on 30th, but there would be more till 9th

Edited by londonthai

OT but maybe of interest.....

2010 celebrated around the world

As usual, nothing beats Sydney Harbour and the Big Coathanger :D

Hong Kong was a good runner-up.

What say you? :)

Sydney looked great... indeed!

Watching it last night on TV remembered me the same kind of show

that the city made in 2000, after the olympics... I was staying on Miller road that time :D

Yes indeed ,this was a real disapointemend!!!!Next year it will be Chiang Mai !!!

It was so crowded , nothing or very difficult to by a beer , no place to sit ,NO TOILETS !!!! :)

and to go out ,taxis asked any rate they liked !No possibility to get on the metro in a " normal" way.Why not organising this in a real square or stadium ????? We had just a glimps of the fire works.

Where was the count down ???? We where on the steps of ZEN ,but could see just a glipms of it !!!!

No not for us any more ,back to Chiang mai!!!!!

the next year try sanam luang - starts at 6pm with dance shows, music, singing, there are portable toilets. There is enough space for everybody to bring their own picnic. Always a lot of stalls with food. Not sure if the beer and alcohol is allowed in sale, as it's a public gathering, but you can always try to bring your own. I am not sure now, but in the past there weren't any security checks.