Bluetooth Receiver For Old Sony Stereo?

noahvail

I've got an old Sony STR-DE545 (decent enough 5.1 system 10 years ago, still love it). I enjoy streaming classical music on my MacBook Pro, which is bluetooth capable.

It would be nice to be able to send the signals through bluetooth to the old Sony rather than buy some rather bad-sounding "laptop" speakers...besides which, I move around a lot with the laptop, within less than a 10m range so wireless makes the most sense.

Is such an adaptor available at all? If not in Thailand, from abroad? Didn't see anything with a search here, and Mr Google seems to like bluetooth headsets, which I do not want.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Astral. Made for good reading. I'll spend a bit more time figuring out what I think will work best for me, then go for it. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction! I used to have 'rabbits' - AV transmitters to get cable tv to another tv...but they were back in a 110V situation, more than 10 years ago, and I had forgotten about that. Cheers...

If your sony comes with headphone jack for auxilirary input then you can send (or receive) the audio signal via Apple's AirPort Express.

Thank you for that...one more thing to look into. More info to make a decision is always better!