Insurance

darrenr

Having the top level insurance is a great peace of mind, but some companies not have good track records for paying out especially large amounts.

Are some companies better payers than others and easier to deal with when you make a claim

I just looked at getting belongings insurance for my condo and met with a company...

The level of cover I require comes at high cost. I have figured its just easier to replace items myself than pay high premiums for something that may or may not happen only to find out there are clauses which excluded that specific event (i.e. theft by a maid).

I have BUPA medical insurance and they have direct settlement with many of the hospitals - although thats not yet been tested.

I just looked at getting belongings insurance for my condo and met with a company...

The level of cover I require comes at high cost. I have figured its just easier to replace items myself than pay high premiums for something that may or may not happen only to find out there are clauses which excluded that specific event (i.e. theft by a maid).

I have BUPA medical insurance and they have direct settlement with many of the hospitals - although thats not yet been tested.

For a condo, burglary is the least of the problems. With the correct condo insurance it will cover you for (say) water leaks from above damaging your contents and for Third party risks - again the possibility of you dumping water on the chap below by accident.

• 3 weeks later...

For a condo, burglary is the least of the problems. With the correct condo insurance it will cover you for (say) water leaks from above damaging your contents and for Third party risks - again the possibility of you dumping water on the chap below by accident.

But that would be under the buildings insurance which is block wide rather than a specific unit's content's insurance - no ?

But that would be under the buildings insurance which is block wide rather than a specific unit's content's insurance - no ?

No, the building insurance is for just that - the building. e.g. should the building fall down (earthquake??) then the building insurance would pay for the rebuild.

If you - or one of 'your' pipes - were to burst and flooded one or twenty other units then you are the one liable.

Note this is more common than you may think. For new buildings the problem is the poor standard of the blue pvc pipes and for the older buildings which use galvanized pipes, they regularly rust though and leak - one cannot win !