Drilling For Water

I live in Klong Lan near the Mae Wong National Park and like a lot of people we are suffering from a shortage of water. I have asked my wife to find a company to drill a borehole for us as we have only had water from the main piped supply for less than 2 months this year.

Does anybody know of a company around the Khampaeng Phet / Nakhon Sawan area who can find water and drill a borehole?

My wife has a small problem with this as she tells me that the government has banned this sort of thing as it causes problems with subsidence if too much water is drawn, and that the government will be responsibile for providing an alternative water source.

At this time they cannot even provide the primary source for more than 9 months of the year and as a result we have to buy water by the tanker load.

Personally I think that she is not correct in what she says but unfortunately I am working out of the country and only get back for a week or so every 3 months.

:o

Hi Bill. I know a few places around here that do it. Dont know if they would travel up to you though and even if they did it would cost you. Surly there must be some around with you? ask the locals.

As far as the Goverment banning unfortunatly your wife may be right(check at the ampour. I know they have done in some places, and others you need to get permission first. Also given the location of your house you may find you have to go down a long way.

Thanks for the info guys.

I will either get her to go to the amphur or to come with me when I get back from Pakistan in a couple of months. The problem with that is that my Thai is nowhere near good enough to follow that conversation so I will have to rely on her.

I dont mind how deep I have to go as I only intend to use the water when there is no main supply.

I am working in Pakistan supervising the building of mobile phone towers for Telenor and I went to one site today and the water table is only 1 metre below the surface. Tricky really as we need a pit about 5 metres deep. Still that will be the contractors problem. :o

Having seen you place I recon you would have to drill, and its not that cheap. It might be the land office you have to go to, I'll ask the misses and get back to you.

Give me a bell when your back might pop up.

Cheers RC

Thanks RC, I may pop in on the way up around the end of June if the wifes car still loves me. ###### thing broke down 4 times on the last trip.

All the Thais looking at me while I pushed it along Sukhumvit road by On Nut BTS. Only 1 guy pushing his own barrow and a couple of motorcycle taxi drivers helped me.

Buddha helped as well as he got me into BKK about 5 hours before I flew back to Pakistan.

Cheers

Like to see here do mine like that its only 6 inch wide but 50m deep!!

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it :o The good thing about Phuket is, it's all dirt - easy to dig wells. The bad thing about Phuket is, it's all dirt - they dig the f***ing mountains away to sell the dirt to people building houses (to raise the level of the land so you can look down on every one else's houses, and not get flooded when it rains).

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it :o The good thing about Phuket is, it's all dirt - easy to dig wells. The bad thing about Phuket is, it's all dirt - they dig the f***ing mountains away to sell the dirt to people building houses (to raise the level of the land so you can look down on every one else's houses, and not get flooded when it rains).

I have some pictures on my laptop and I will try to post one of them of the land where I live. It is mostly hills and people generally build close to the frontage road. The land is nostly dirt but there a few rocks as well. Nobody digs the dirt away but every year there are a lot of fires set in the hills where people do a slash and burn to clear land to farm.

It is silly really as they have no way to get water up there to grow crops.

I have some pictures on my laptop and I will try to post one of them of the land where I live. It is mostly hills and people generally build close to the frontage road. The land is nostly dirt but there a few rocks as well. Nobody digs the dirt away but every year there are a lot of fires set in the hills where people do a slash and burn to clear land to farm.

Here is our new well:

welldscn73137tc.th.jpg

I found some information on the deep water well type on http://www.coolthaihouse.com/infowater.htm

The are many government regulations now regarding deep water dug wells.  I’ve heard that it is no longer allowed in some areas, but at the same time I regularly see new ones going in – in these exact same areas.  As they say, that’s Thailand for you.

I had also asked about this when I was visiting the area as the well had gone dry and they needed to dig deeper. The response was that it was too expensive, not that it was illegal.

Bill just an up-date according to a sometimes relable source (my wife). You now do need a licence to drill for water everywhere (not sure about just diging a well) apparently we have got one but it was "sorted" in the contract price to drill the bore.

Probably a good reason to get it done by a "local" firm as they will know the right people to grant the licence.

Just as a guide mine cost about 80,000 with the pump and everything (water tank extra) they also "garenteed" the water supply i'e if there is no water they'll drill again for free..

Best bet would be to try and find a few people around you area who have had it done and ask them.

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it :D The good thing about Phuket is, it's all dirt - easy to dig wells. The bad thing about Phuket is, it's all dirt - they dig the f***ing mountains away to sell the dirt to people building houses (to raise the level of the land so you can look down on every one else's houses, and not get flooded when it rains).

Here is our new well:

welldscn73137tc.th.jpg

Well, well.... :o