Int. Driver's License

Heyas,

I have been living with my Thai wife in Bangkok for 6 months now. We are moving to Finland.. got a 90 days Visa for her. In Finland we will apply for a residence permit for her.

Anyway.. I know it's possible to change Thai Driver's License to Finnish Driver's License if it has been received before first entry to Finland.

Does anyone know any good place where we can get Thai Driver's License for my wife in Bangkok? She is a bit shy because she never drove a car before so we are trying to find some reputable place with driving school also! And is it possible to do this all in 2 weeks because we are moving on 10th of May :o What are the costs for driving school and license?

Thanks!

and make sure you have full insurance too (in Finland).

Unless you live in the no where, you cannot let somebody with that kind of experience on the european roads.(it is already bad enough that it is happening in Thailand that way)

and make sure you have full insurance too (in Finland).

Unless you live in the no where, you cannot let somebody with that kind of experience on the european roads.(it is already bad enough that it is happening in Thailand that way)

Well she says she doesn't want to drive in Finland at all. But maybe some day she wants.. that's where we talking about saving money. Anyway.. of course we will get a good insurance for her from Finland :o

Dangerous way of cost saving IMO

My wife had her d/l on arriving in my homecountry but no experience.

She start to study the language.Did theoretical examination in that language to get her national d/l,followed by practical examination.

She has her own car(s) since ( now about 27 years) and never had an accident.

Think about "others" who can be involved in an accident.

Edited by dutch

Dangerous way of cost saving IMO

My wife had her d/l on arriving in my homecountry but no experience.

She start to study the language.Did theoretical examination in that language to get her national d/l,followed by practical examination.

She has her own car(s) since ( now about 27 years) and never had an accident.

Think about "others" who can be involved in an accident.

You have a good point. Maybe I just skip trying to find one from Thailand. Just let her drive license in Finland if she wants to.. later :o

Get it in your country sounds better.  IDL is not normally valid for a resident or more than a limited period in any case (although do not know law in Finland).

Thai IDL can be changed to Finnish IDL if we can prove she drive for 6 months in Finland. Anyway.. I think it's good idea to go to driving school in Finland later.