New: Chaing Mai Weather Forecasts

george

OK you win I lose but still nothing on the east side of town. :D

And nothing at all in Hang Dong. However George has been vindicated ,if its raining where you , all skeptics should offer him a grovelling apology or we may not find out where this information is coming from.

I hereby issue a grovelling, and sincere apology. It also was a profound experience to be wrong on something; I never knew how that felt! It's liberating, in a sense.

I still have a couple gripes with (any) weather predictions about Thailandthough, but I won't let that distract from this apology, plus I'm off to work. :)

Had a good downpour here in Nong Hoi tonight...appears that the new weather station on Thai Visa is on the mark! I'm hoping for a rainy day tomorrow and finished by dinner time.

Rain crashing down here in Ban Ton Chock last night at 10.15pm for about 20 minutes and rained more steadily for another 45 mins too. You knockers better get your tin hats on this morning and eat some humble pie. I reckon these new rainmen are champs and you are all chumps!

Agreed..! I have been checking all weather sites I know to see where teh information comes from, but couldn't find any with identical predictions. I checked weather.com, yahoo weather (same), bbc weather, weather underground and the Thai meteorological guys. The latter gave me a laugh, seeing what they call 'cold' and worthy of a warm winter jacket icon:

post-64232-1262829128.png

But nothing with the same predictions..

when it rainys do u ppl ride ur motosai?

ive never ridden on rain b4, but with wet oily roads, its gonna be very slippery?

Just to let you know about new rain on oily roads - I saw two guys come off ther motorbikes last night due to oily roads. Be careful, espescially on the corners. Maybe not so bad now that there has been a bit more rain but fore-warned is fore-armed, as they say.

Whether or not the new TV weather service gets the next 2 days right ("heavy rain", cool temps), I'll admit they were the only ones who came remotely close to getting today right. In fact, TV weather was nearly perfect. Hopefully it will rain even harder to end the burning for a day or two. There were several fires going near the San Pa Tong hospital during the light rain this morning.

As such, George and the rest of TV readers, you have my humble apology and I'll go away now.

I,m afraid i don't have great faith in the Thai weather forecasting system,however ,I am prepared to give it a go and look forward to the predicted rain on Thursday

Maybe you want to wait a few days and compare the results. These forecasts are not made by Thais. Looking forward to see your feedback.

Cheers

George dont keep us in suspense where does the info come from ? being an ex farmer of sorts I am very interested in rainfall patterns especially in the north where we go for months without any precipatation.

I heard Priceless is working for Mapguy and they are supplying the information :) Apparently...

George hasn't come back to us on his sources so maybe a bit more gratitude or grovelling is in order. If he could give also us a repeat performance of this lovely rain every month and coinciding with Songkran we would be eternally grateful. Where are you George ?

Rain on Thursday; No Chance. :)

I am currently listening to the rain pouring down on Thursday in Chiang Mai. Score so far is weather forecast: 1, sceptical Thaivisa posters: 0

We still have 358 days to go in this year so keep score. :D

Oh, he did not call for rain Wednesday night so is that a blooper? We still have tomorrow. :D

Edited by gotlost