Changes In The 150b Withdrawal Fee

At a Swedish forum (http://www.thailandforum.se/index.php?topic=13833.0) they say that the 150B fee has decreased and in some cases gone away.

Ayudhya now have a fee of 15B if you use Visa, but still 150B using MasterCard, and at some locations (Sri Racha) no fee at all.

And anyone noticed any changes in the fees at SCB (http://www.scb.co.th/img/th/rate/fees-atm-en.pdf)?

Checked my balance on my US account for an ATM withdraw last week. There were TWO extra bank charges. An international transaction fee (1.5%) and an ATM withdrawal fee ($1.50). This doesn't mean that I wasn't charged the extra B150 by the Thai bank (Bangkok Bank, I think) as it probably is reflected in the actual withdrawal amount which was $599.69 for a B20,000 transaction.

BTW, my card is a simple debit card my withdrawal was from my savings account. It shouldn't matter whether it's a VISA or MC debit card unless I'm doing a credit card cash advance.

Edited by Dizzle

it seems to me you will be warned and asked OK if there IS a 150 fee

what i am interested in is making the same transaction from different bank machines at about the same time to see if there is a discrepancy in the rates

does any one bank give a better rate in general?

good news about Ayudhya

i hope that is true

i will have to give it a try

though some atms simply stop working with my debit card, blank screen

BTW 20,000B for 600$ is a good rate i think for now

i would be happy with that

33.33 give or take after fees!!!!

what i am interested in is making the same transaction from different bank machines at about the same time to see if there is a discrepancy in the rates

good news about Ayudhya

i hope that is true

Zero fees using the yellow bank and a UK issued visa debit card

good news about Ayudhya

i hope that is true

Zero fees using the yellow bank and a UK issued visa debit card

my buddy used a Visa credit card at B of Ayutthaya in 2 locations in the last week with no charges...i tried an ATM card at a different one of their branches (On Nut) and the 150 baht fee still came up.....

I've noticed the "blank screen" with Bank of Ayudha half way through the transaction.If there is a horizontal pink stripe across the screen when this happens,press the second button up on the right side of the screen,and the transaction will go through.You will get a receipt,and there is no transaction fee.(This is using a UK bank Visa debit card)This blank screen is the one that used to inform of the 150B(subsequently 15B) transaction fee,which apparently the Bank of Ayudha has now discontinued

good news about Ayudhya

i hope that is true

It's true. In the beginning it was zero, but now it's THB 15.00.

On top of that you will get the fees from your local bank, if it is in another country than Thailand.

good news about Ayudhya

i hope that is true

Edited by bellste

I have a Luxembourg gold card which honors the promise of free ATM withdrawals. It has worked wherever I used the card, even when a fee of many Euros was posted.

But in LOS, they a d d the THB 150, so the balance changes and I eat the fee.

Let's get ATM cards from our wives of girlfriends and start to circumvent the fee...

Chris

I have a Luxembourg gold card which honors the promise of free ATM withdrawals. It has worked wherever I used the card, even when a fee of many Euros was posted.

But in LOS, they a d d the THB 150, so the balance changes and I eat the fee.

Let's get ATM cards from our wives of girlfriends and start to circumvent the fee...

Chris

I would write or call them if the 150B is not refunded and send the receipt as proof with the fee on it. If this is an ongoing pattern, I would also recommend that you advise them to place a comment in your files that this is happening so that in the future perhaps they will refund the fee without proof and a simple call.

I still don't know why guys don't just open up Thai accounts and make one international transfer. You can leave the balance behind but you can withdraw it through your own ATM network back home or use the Thai bank cards overseas. No fees when shopping, paying bills, no ATM charges and better rates on TT transfers,

I still don't know why guys don't just open up Thai accounts and make one international transfer. You can leave the balance behind but you can withdraw it through your own ATM network back home or use the Thai bank cards overseas. No fees when shopping, paying bills, no ATM charges and better rates on TT transfers,

some of us probably get money coming in at different times

but good suggestion

what is involved?

could you give us some details?

seems a lot easier to go to an ATM and withdraw directly

some of us probably get money coming in at different times

but good suggestion

what is involved?

could you give us some details?

seems a lot easier to go to an ATM and withdraw directly

As has been stated ad infinitum in past threads, the reason ATM withdrawals were attractive before the 150B charge came in was that this was a cheap way to transfer money into Thailand. The cost of an international transfer from the UK is typically nearly 20 GBP (yes, I know Halifax is £9.00). Until recently the cost of a Nationwide ATM withdrawal was zero and also gave a good exchange rate. Even after the 150 baht charge, somebody making 3 maximum-amount ATM withdrawals per month wouldn't save much by arranging a monthly direct transfer into a Thai account (admittedly a 3 monthly transfer might be worthwhile).

I'm coming over to BKK in a few weeks time.

Is anyone using their Nationwide Visa Debit card at Bank of Ayudhya without the 150b fee?? If not, are there any other options available?

Last time I check it was only Govt Savings Bank - do they have any ATM's available in the lower Sukhumvit area??

Cheers..

As well as Bank of Ayuthaya the AEON ATM's are fee free too.

Government savings Bank 99% of the times I tried didn't except my Nationwide card..then it worked a couple of times

and very shotly after they started charging the 150 baht fee so I haven't tried using them lately.

Don't know about Bangkok, but I withdrew 10,000 baht from Bank of Ayuthaya (yellow machine) in Tesco/Lotus Pattaya today using my blue Nationwide Visa/Debit card. No Fee. Also did the same at Tuk Kom last weekend, again no fee.

With an italian Maestro card no luck, 150b.

Anyway now that my bank is charging also on the exchange rate the 150b problem is not the big one.

back to credit card when possible.

Is anyone using their Nationwide Visa Debit card at Bank of Ayudhya without the 150b fee?? If not, are there any other options available?

Last time I check it was only Govt Savings Bank - do they have any ATM's available in the lower Sukhumvit area??

Cheers..

Yes Nationwide card is fee free at Ayudhya

Does anyone have a link that can locate all of the BoA ATM's? I've been on their website but could only find a branch locator. They definitely have a number of ATM's at Family Mart/7-11 type locations.

Cheers..

Cheers..

Used the Nationwide Flex Visa debit card at Ayudhaya today & no fee was applied (Fortune Town branch)

Tried my Nationwide Flex Cirrus cash card and that had 150B fee message

Don't forget Aeon ATMs are still fee free & that the Cirrus Nationwide cash card gives better exchange rate as 1% NW fee doesn't apply with Cirrus cash card.

Nationwide Flex Cirrus cash card gives exchange rate close to TT thus higher than TC's & is the best rate ATM card available from UK (at time of writing & excluding monthly fee accounts)

Note: getting 2 Flex accounts is like opening a bank account in LOS, you got to try a few branches until you get what you want.

Not a very good idea, with the (lack of) Government you have in this country. I have as little money as possible in my Thai bank account. The THB could be de-valuated at any time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, just wondering if it's possible to use my home country's ATM card while in Thailand to avoid paying the extra charge of 150B?

My ATM card has both Cirrus & Maestro logos behind. Last month I did multiple withdrawals using my Mastercard / Debit card and each withdrawal, I gotta cough out another 150B extra. Kinda pissed.