Grumpy Old Men

stuandchris

There is a new charitable group in Phuket called the Grumpy Old Men, I have joined despite being neither grumpy or old!

They meet once a fortnight in a bar in Chalong and it is expats trying to help the less fortunate on the Island.

So far in three meetings we have raised enough to supply a quality water supply to the sunshine orphanage in Phuket. Previously they had to buy in their water at considerable cost, now the money they save can be spent on other things for the children.

It's not just giving your cash away[and that is minimal, 100THB per meeting], they utilise the expertise of the members to ensure that things are done 'properly'.

In return you get a good nights drinking with some free food and get to meet people with all sorts of disciplines that can be of use to you, everything from water treatment to boat captains to I T nerds [sorry].

Suggestions for the groups next project are invited.

Why not come to the next meeting? There are 50 members at the moment and everyone is welcome.

For more info contact Warren at

Sorry forgot to mention that the next meeting is at the Beer Garden, [from chalong circle head towards Chalong pier, it is at the end of the road just before Kan Eang ? restaurant on the right.

Next meeting is at 6.30pm on Monday 18th Jan.

It seems putting e mail addresses is not allowed here even for charitable purposes so just pm me if more info is required.

Do these meetings ever start later? 6:30 probably isn't doable for those that work or have prior committments at this time.

Originally the start time was later but some members requested an early start so they could come straight from work. It's a good laugh & the meetings do not last too long unless you want to carry on which some do.