Cheap Motorbike Wanted Nakonratchasima

priorstp

I will be visiting some friends Near Nakon ratchasima in January 2010 and there motorbike is finally kaput, i am hoping to bye them a bike while i stay with them as a thankyou for the hospitality they have showed to me. Problem is that i only have around 5ooo baht to spend.

if anyone has a bike around this price that i could pick up in Nakon ratchasima i would be very interested. it doesnt have to be anything special or pretty, just be a good runner that wont give them to many problems on there run everyweek to the local market and to take there elderly father to the hospital once a month.

As already said. You can do a lot to a bike here for 5000 baht. My friend has just had a new piston, re bore, little end, big end, con rod and new gaskets for his nouvo all for just 11000 baht. Or just tell them you have 5000 baht and they will find one near by to where they live for sure. :)

As already said. You can do a lot to a bike here for 5000 baht. My friend has just had a new piston, re bore, little end, big end, con rod and new gaskets for his nouvo all for just 11000 baht. Or just tell them you have 5000 baht and they will find one near by to where they live for sure. :)

That sounds pretty expensive actually... I had a 1600 4cyl car Engine rebuilt from the crank case bearings up to the valves (and Guides) new pistons, rings and rods. New valves. rebored barrel. full gasket set etc... 16k about 14 months ago.. :D

But agree, 5k in Korat will go a heck of a way in the right shops.

Hi.

Depending what bike it is it can be pretty much re-built from scratch with 5,000 Baht. If all fails, look for Yamaha RXZ - reliable two-strokers that you can get for around that price in acceptable condition with book. I have two of them, one done 52,000 kilometers in three years and never let me down.

Best regards.....

Thanh

All i know is over the last four visits it has got worse and worse and been fixed many times and now to be told that it is finally kaput it must be bad. It is the families only form of transport and if they could get it mended they would have done so. I think as many of you have said though that is prob best if i go there and just take the bike to a shop who can do everything needed for 5000.

I know it needs new brakes all round and the engine has had it.

Does anyone have a good idea how much it would cost for a recon engine and new brakes, all i know about the bike is its a 125cc old manual scooter, the ones you see everywhere in Thailand with the basket on the front :)