You Know The Two Day Sulk Is Over When . . .

DavidOxon

Our "record" is 5 days silence. After 5 years together I have learned that the best reaction is to mirror her action. Then, when we crack - usually by looking at each other and bursting out laughing at the stupidity of it all, I can explain that her behaviour will generate the same reaction from me. Does it work? Ask me in another 5 years..... :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey

Our "record" is 5 days silence. After 5 years together I have learned that the best reaction is to mirror her action. Then, when we crack - usually by looking at each other and bursting out laughing at the stupidity of it all, I can explain that her behaviour will generate the same reaction from me. Does it work? Ask me in another 5 years..... :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

If you start to get bored with it, then I suggest not only ignore back, also show her that she is less important

After 3 days of the silent treatment by my g/f of 3 years, I solved the problem - kicked her out. Even while she was packing and crying she never spoke and I've never spoken to her since.

That was just over a year ago.

Never found out what started it. Sometimes think about it, but not often. Moved on.

After 3 days of the silent treatment by my g/f of 3 years, I solved the problem - kicked her out. Even while she was packing and crying she never spoke and I've never spoken to her since.

Never found out what started it. Sometimes think about it, but not often. Moved on.

It is of course up to you to choose a solution to a problem in your home but I must tell you that I wouldn't have been proud of that one

It is of course up to you to choose a solution to a problem in your home but I must tell you that I wouldn't have been proud of that one

Maybe not but lifes too short to put up with that cr#p

I found a girl who never does this.........

Odds she is not thai.

She's Thai.....but a very sweet girl who is also educated and emotionally mature....very well-balanced.

It seems to me that there are two types of silence between couples......the "ignoring and therefore belittling you" type, and the

"Buddhistic Noble Silence" type, in which a person is keeping their dignity and simply not speaking because they do not want their emotions to run away with them.

Emotions have a life of their own, and it is sometimes better to keep silent. In my opinion, 30-minute "silent treatment" is probably quite an acceptable and adult thing to do, especially when that person can laugh at themselves / the situation at the end of it.

I must confess that many years ago I gave a Western girlfriend the silent treatment simply because she had hurt my feelings so much, and didn't seem to realize that she had done so. It was perhaps also a way to tell her that this was so.....

It's not blazing rows that start it in our house. We don't have blazing rows, we get on very well, and agree on most things. I narrowly avoided one silent treatment yesterday.

Sopha . "Ven!" She shortens my name to the last sounding syllable so Stephen becomes Ven.

Me from two doors away. "Yes."

Sopha a little louder. "Ven!"

Me also louder. "Yes."

Sopha louder still "Ven!"

Me matching her volume "Yes!"

Then silence, I finished what I was doing on the PC and went to see what she wanted, she was applying her war paint to go to a wake or what ever they call it.

So I asked her what she wanted. "Why do you talk so loud, I don't like it." <deleted> :)

This is so stupid, she can't hear me and when I make myself heard she starts sulking.

Cause and Effect something most women don't grasp IMHO.

The farang wants to solve problems NOW, in a straight line like the crow flies from A to B.. NOW..this causes no end of issues, and makes the problem worse..to walk away and let the Thai lady cool down is something the farang will learn quickly if he wants a good relationship with his Thai lady..

Ahh the Silent Treatment. I wished I got that when I was with my ex-gf. I got the Loud Treatment instead. Wished i had earplugs then. But I still consider myself lucky coz I never got the Throwing Stuff At You Treatment. :)

Our "record" is 5 days silence. After 5 years together I have learned that the best reaction is to mirror her action. Then, when we crack - usually by looking at each other and bursting out laughing at the stupidity of it all, I can explain that her behaviour will generate the same reaction from me. Does it work? Ask me in another 5 years..... :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

If you start to get bored with it, then I suggest not only ignore back, also show her that she is less important

Yes, definitely. I went out every day on my bike and made sure I came home smelling of booze every evening. I bet that frustrated the sh*t out of her not knowing where I was and not being able to ask! :)

I'm not a fan of "treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen" type of behaviour but occassionally harsh treatment is needed to make them realise just how good a thing they have got and that they can lose it all with f*cking stupid, immature behaviour. BTW, the missus is 38 and I am 47so we should both know better :D .

Cheers,

Pikey.