Do I Renew Contract

alant

i use TOT for both my phone and internet here in chiangmai, the service is, by the standards i used to get in the uk (even years ago) fairly poor, not just the speed but the drop out and the reliability.

my contract has past the time obligation and is for dowload speeds of 2, upload speed of 0.5, here is what speedtest say it is:

673341786.png

as you can see it says download speed 3.

the new contract, which binds me for a year is for download speed of 3, the TOT shop say i am getting 2 now but has it all moved to 3 anyway? would i benefit at all by signing a new contract?

the reason to ask is speeds tend to increas every year and if it is soon to go up to a download speed of 4 for the same money would i be better waiting for the speed change.

hope this makes sense, any advice welcome :)

Your getting 1.85 down/.34 up on a 2 down/.5 up plan, I reckon your doing pretty good.

agree, so hence the question, do i renew or wait until they upgrade the speed again for the same monthly fee?

cheers

If you are not happy with the service, dont renew :)

You are getting close to the advertised speeds anyway, so it boils down to reliability of your current provider verses the availability of other providers.

I have found in the past, that when an ISP upgrades their service and starts offering faster speeds for the same price you are paying for a lower speed, a quick phone call to their Customer Service line will get your speeds upgraded accordingly. This experience is with True and not ToT/TTT etc.

If you dont mind me asking, what are you paying for your 2mb connection?

hi chaps

look at the responses so far i may not have expained myself very well, i am not complaining about the performance speed i get v my current contract, the question i have is "is it by default the 3mb/s one TOT would like me to sign up to again" if it is i see no point in burdening myself with a further year when it is possible speeds will improve in that time period for the same monthly fee.

hope that helps sorry if you have tried to help me and i wasnt clear enough

I'm with TOT...unfortunately have no choice. I know that I am committed for one year however after that I thought that the contract just rolled on and I can cancell anytime or change..you have a different contract?

as you can see it says download speed 3.

This is what seems to be confusing everyone. Are you looking at the 3.0 stars as your download speed by any chance?

many thanks lopburi3, your observation is correct and has clarified everything i think (of course i have no idea how TOT gets 3.0 stars but that would be a different post)

many thanks for helping me read the display correctly.

al