Scam At Aksorn School Naklua

Dirk_brijs

This morning when dropping my son of at school I got part of a scam. When I stopped at the school in the little soi at the entrance of the school, when my son opened the door some Thai older lady just made sure to make contact with my open door where my son wanted to get out on the left side of the car.

When stopping and my son kissed me good bye I always check my rear mirrors and I am sure my son watches too before he get out. She must have been waiting in my death corner waiting for someone to open the door and make contact just enough to make a scene. So my son opened the door and I heard some contact and saw her stand there with her bike (luckily she didnt hit my son) At first I didnt realy know what to say so my son didnt realy make a noise and just entered school so I opened my window and asked her polite if she knew that this was a school and that people get out of cars here? Anyway when saying this a security man from Aksorn came out and started screaming at her at that point I drove on to the parking lot to check out the door of my car which had a little paint crack of less then a 1/4inch. At that point I saw the lady come up with the bike and started saying to me in very good English that I couldnt stop there and so on and I told her there is nothing on my car. At that point she said yes but who will pay for my motorbike? At that point I knew I was trapped in some sort of scam stepped back in my car and drove off. Obviously after that she went after my son inside the school to harrass my son for my phone number which my son doesnt know so she must have harrased some others whop eventualy gave her my number??? (Had a serious talk with a school head that giving out from personal information is not realy appreciated by me??) AnywayI was not home 5 minutes or she must have called my wife who I allready informed about the incident and said she wanted to talk or she would send the police and so on? My wife thought it was best she would go on her own to see what she wanted?

As soon as she got there this woman produced a paper with expenses made on her bike which had some damage obviously for a price of 2000 baht and when not payed she would call the police cause I verbally obused her and so on; Fun thing is she even said I yelled at my son cause my son was trying to apologise to her and was talking nice to her, the fun thing is my son doesnt even speak to his teacher nice so shy is he so I wonder how it was possible he tried to talk to her anyway and if not payed she would call the police and so on. I amsure the idea was to call some friendly cop who at that point would have raised the price of the scam and would have created even more of a scene. Anyway my wife at that point recognised the scam too and didnt see anything better then to just give her the 2000 baht and let it be in order to go away.

Anyway for all of you who drop of kids at Aksorn Naklua make sure you watch out for an older lady on a black and white honda waiting behind your car as I am sure she makes a living out of this.

Oh yes the bill I have a copy from (maybe can recover from my insurance will see) states that her protected shield was broken her light was broken and her steering was torn??? and all that with my car have just a paint crack of less then 1/4 inch???? Guess Nissan is built like a tank???

Seem very organised too being able to produce a bill from a motorcycle shop with all expenses on her bike within 20 minutes from the so called accident having her farang husband there and have all this arranged.

Didnt know Thais could organise themselves that good though??

Anyway just a heads up as said sad from the 2000 baht but I am sure if the cousin police would have rolled in it could have been more.

Only thing that actually upsets me most is how easy a school like Aksorn gives out personal information to strangers without my knowledge???

You are lucky in one way - that she didn't scam you for leaving the scene of an accident without calling the police. This happened to someone I know recently and he was on the wrong end of a massive payment to the Plod and to the motorbike driver, who had nothing wrong with him at the scene but who later claimed for a lot of injuries, and even economic loss!!, and he paid up too, on pain of going to prison if convicted of leaving the scene.

Edited by sharecropper

thats why I said that luckily my wife saw the scam too and didnt argue and paid up to start with

I am sure lots of people will be upset with her not going any further as I am sure some of them didnt collect in the scam.

I have the bill now so I have proof things were paid for.

Also during the talk with my wife she claimed to have fallen of her bike and so on?

So again yes lucky my wife didnt call the bluff and threw away her hand.

Seem very organised too being able to produce a bill from a motorcycle shop with all expenses on her bike within 20 minutes from the so called accident having her farang husband there and have all this arranged.

Eh? What's that about?

^ Ummm.... there was no "accident" only a scam.

Can the OP clarify his comment I highlighted in post #5 about falang involvement apart from his unfortunate self? The way I read it, this woman had a farang husband involved when she fronted up with the obviously bogus receipt. Maybe it's a legit receipt for a previous repair and she or her husband need cash fast? Maybe someone 'retired' and supplementing his pension 'Thai style'?

So your son opens the car door whilst a bike is riding by causing the bike to hit it and you are the one scammed ? :) You then left the scene of the accident, You then paid this woman 2000 baht even though you claim it is a scam ? Something doesn't ring right about this whole thing ? Maybe just me but I don't see a scam If it was the way you call it why pay the woman anything ? I cetainly wouldn't for sure!

Hang around the school with a pot of paint, brown for example as it is the colour of bullshi* and wreck her bike.

I hate it when people try this rubbish. I would have been tempted to yell in her face and use long never ending reels of English and wild gesticulations and do mad stuff like grab her bike and point at something and get the world and his dog to come across. I did it once when some schmuck tried it on by pretending to have served in the British army. By the time his buddy pulled him away he was glad to be shot of me and to this day he proberbly still wonders what the hel_l I was pointing at on his bike. Scum!

Why is it some people see scams everywhere. Sure, scams happen, but not every accident is a scam. It was an accident. Accidents happen, that's why they're called accidents. Be happy it was only 2,000 baht. If it was really a scam you would surely have seen a much larger bill. Yes, going into a bike shop it only takes a few minutes to check what it cost to repair the broken bits.

Edited by Phil Conners

There was no accident she barely hit my door as I mentioned I had a paint chip of a 1/4inch big???

with a protection shield shattered, light broken and steering wheel twisted as she claimed I think my door should have been hanging from my car?

People shold read before they comment

so i didnt leave the scene of an accident as I stopped as also written in original post but only left after seeig no damage and hearing her claim who will pay for her motorbike???

So I thought I could run away from the scasm but they were obviously real well organised in getting my number and address for free from Aksorn school??

"Anyway for all of you who drop of kids at Aksorn Naklua make sure you watch out for an older lady on a black and white honda waiting behind your car as I am sure she makes a living out of this."

If you truly believe this to be the case, simply have someone with a telephoto lens shoot some photos of her activities from a distance and turn them over to the local news media -- I'm sure they would love to jump all over such a scam if that's what it is.

Scam or not , the school should not be giving out personal details like that to what is essentially a stranger.

And yes petty scams like this abound in Thailand and often just paying 2000 baht to make the headache go away is worth it , unfortunate as that seems.

You should always carry a camera in your car or have use the camera on your mobile phone. If you are involved in any type of accident or altercation, then fire off some photos of the vehicles involved in the accident.

The last time I did this (not in Thailand), after I bumped another car (yes, I was at fault, no damage to my car but slight damage to theirs), the irate driver and passenger jumped back into their car and drove off very quickly!!

Simon

What about this farang involvement?? was there or not?? did you not meet him? I would of wanted to.

Only my wife saw the farang husband who was sitting with his wife (she thinks)

My wife decided it was better to go back alone after they had called our house.

He was indeed an older man she dont know which nationality as he didnt speak.

I amsure he was present in case another man (me) would have shown up not being intimidated by the woman alone?

I dont know again dont really want to get into arguments and so on just warning people of something that happened to me as a heads up

Like I said I paid my due and I am done with it.

Had this problem 12 years ago. F... Taxy stopped at the Entrance of Tesco Lotus (in that time was only Lotus, no Tesco). Passenger opened the door same time when i passed the Taxi and my outer mirror hit the Taxis door so badly, that this could not even closed anymore. My mirror didn't hat any damages at all. Unbeleveble, but it was true. But after all talks, i was wrong (they said), i guess because i'm farang.. So if you called the police or even better your insurance, i guess the lady have to pay for your damage. But anyway 2 grand is not worth to go wait the time in a police station.

Edited by stingray

Had this problem 12 years ago. F... Taxy stopped at the Entrance of Tesco Lotus (in that time was only Lotus, no Tesco). Passenger opened the door same time when i passed the Taxi and my outer mirror hit the Taxis door so badly, that this could not even closed anymore. My mirror didn't hat any damages at all.

You were still driving that leopard tank at that time weren't you. :)

But anyway 2 grand is not worth to go wait the time in a police station.

exactly cause I am very sure it would have been with cousin police officer anyway and I am sure he would have wanted his share too?

Edited by Dirk_brijs

Ah.... Scam #457 - Drive motorbike into Farangs open car door

Page 78 of the "Complete guide to Scamming in the Land Of Scams" (for Dummies) (2nd Edition)

My point is, there is so much <deleted> going on its becoming hard to tell whats for real anymore!

Paranoia rules ok!

Had this problem 12 years ago. F... Taxy stopped at the Entrance of Tesco Lotus (in that time was only Lotus, no Tesco). Passenger opened the door same time when i passed the Taxi and my outer mirror hit the Taxis door so badly, that this could not even closed anymore. My mirror didn't hat any damages at all.

You were still driving that leopard tank at that time weren't you. :)

I had a 72- T Bird in that time. But i hit the taxi with a customers Renault 19.

<snip>

Regarding the person at the school who gave out your number, I'd be irate over that.

<snip>

Thats the one thing that upset me most about the whole story but I did have my say in the school about it.

Not sure if they understood what I said but I am pretty sure they understood I wasnt pleased with it at all.

OP ,you are being scammed anyway having your child at Aksorn school .The fees for a child of 6 are B24,000 for a two term year .Probably more for an older child . :)

Looks like I am high jacking my own thread now but any better and cheaper schools out there?

Let me know I am listening

Why is it some people see scams everywhere. Sure, scams happen, but not every accident is a scam. It was an accident. Accidents happen, that's why they're called accidents. Be happy it was only 2,000 baht. If it was really a scam you would surely have seen a much larger bill. Yes, going into a bike shop it only takes a few minutes to check what it cost to repair the broken bits.

Wake up! If a motorcycle's front shield was broken and steering damaged from hitting an open car door the door would have been badly damaged to the point of not being able to close.

I can't believe that some of you think this was a genuine accident.

I would have called her bluff and not paid.

Edited by tropo

OP ,you are being scammed anyway having your child at Aksorn school .The fees for a child of 6 are B24,000 for a two term year .Probably more for an older child . :)

Looks like I am high jacking my own thread now but any better and cheaper schools out there?

I know its a bit drastic ,but move up to Chiang Mai .Local school near us B3,000 a term .

Wake up! If a motorcycle's front shield was broken and steering damaged from hitting an open car door the door would have been badly damaged to the point of not being able to close.

I can't believe that some of you think this was a genuine accident.

I would have called her bluff and not paid.

I was waiting for you to post something like that.

Next.

I know its a bit drastic ,but move up to Chiang Mai .Local school near us B3,000 a term .

And you think in pattaya there aren't government schools at that price?

Of course there are but some people,like the OP for instance,prefer to send their children to a school where they get educated.