Bkk To Lhr With Thai Airways

madmitch

yes, but the service is better than on the other flying directly (EVA, BA/quantas).

Umm...how?

For me a few movies is the only thing that keeps me sane on a long haul flight.

OP, go with Eva, the 'service' is just the same but you get movies

Thai Airways service in economy LHR-BKK is no better than EVA imo. I've flown both a number of times on this route.

EVA now have new 777-300ER planes operating on this route, which are a cut above the Thai 747-400's without any seatback entertainment.

Price is comparable as well, with EVA usually a little cheaper.

Recently flew back 04th Jan ,the food considerably better than KLM ,crew cheery .but you are right the in-flight entertainment needs upgraded.

The film in economy was Fame ,a good choice for family viewing

THE film????? :)

Blimey you should give Emirates a try or any modern airline.

No way would I fly with them.

Flew back with them on Xmas eve - was fantastic, only 24 passengers, so we all just went to sleep across the middle rows :)

But yes, I hate the fact there is only a shared screen - not sure what the movie was, didn't watch it, but it was some kinda college one.

What was quite funny was that they came around for dinner and asked "Chicken or Pork" - but when you said chicken, they told you it had run out ... on an empty plane .. lol.

Never done an Eva long haul, but their short haul is great - excellent entertainment and hot stewardesses :D

For economy though, NOTHING beats Cathay ... their new seats are amazing :D

Flew back with them on Xmas eve - was fantastic, only 24 passengers, so we all just went to sleep across the middle rows :)

What was quite funny was that they came around for dinner and asked "Chicken or Pork" - but when you said chicken, they told you it had run out ... on an empty plane .. lol.

This happens a lot, but if you say "then I prefer no main course if there is no chicken" with a weak smile, they find a chicken meal after all. They start saying it has run out before it actually does run out.

Sorry to be pedantic but this has nothing to do with the load factor. If 24 in economy they won't carry 200+ meals, of course. So if they ask you towards the end of delivering meals and the majority already chose chicken, pork will be all that's left. Would be same on a full flight, if you are seated towards back and the started handing out at the front. You may always order a special meal before the flight.

Edited by mrdome