Looking To Rent For 5 Weeks

thaifever2007

I've been to Pattaya many times and stayed at many different hotels. This time I want to rent a condo at one of the View Talay buildings. I see there are 6 of them. Which one is the best within my price range of 1000 baht/night (35000 for 5 weeks). Two things I want are a nice swimming pool and a good location near the baht bus route. Thanks

I also would like a fitness center

You don't need to pay that much, i guess you can get a price for about 10'000 to not more 20'000 Baht for all 5 weeks.

I agree, if you are staying for 5 weeks the price should not be an issue. All the view talays have nice large pools but I don't think they have fitness centers.

I want to rent a condo for 5 or 6 weeks near the beach. Anyone know any reputable websites to visit? I'm looking at Feb/March

If you would consider going to the northen region ,Chiang Mai I could recommend a place with gym, swimming pool & great rooms for about 35,000 Baht for the 5 week period.

WT 1 and 2 are the best options as to locations near baht bus routes, hence best connections to gyms as well. Great swimming pool at these places as well. WT3 has got a great swimmingpool and is also close to salt water, (practically at the Dong Tan Beach) but you are in for a long walk to reach the nearest baht taxi, (not a big problem really if know how to whistle ).

VT5 is your best choice, I guess, as you have got a (small) pool at the site, - it's close to the beach and also is close to baht bus routes at Thappraya Rd/Jomtien Beach Rd.

There is also a WT in the center of Pattaya is it 6 or 8 ?? (soi 8/9 apx) , but I've never been at that place. WT/ is under construction, - might be a good choice in a year or two..

Others may have other recommodations, as there at good options outside the WT system.

krsw

I found this place. http://jomtienbeachcondoforrent.blogspot.com

It looks great and is cheap, only 8500/month + electricity. I'm just worried about the location. Do the baht buses go that far? My wife is Thai and likes Thai food (of course). Are there some authentic, cheap thai restaurants nearby. I think this is the best place, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Thanks

It looks great and is cheap, only 8500/month + electricity. I'm just worried about the location. Do the baht buses go that far? My wife is Thai and likes Thai food (of course). Are there some authentic, cheap thai restaurants nearby. I think this is the best place, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Thanks

Looks like you found your place! Only comment is the studios are smaller than VT's (30 sqm vs 37sqm for VT1 and 48 sqm for VT5-7).

Thanks

If you are happy with the small room size (keeps the price down!) you will be fine for location. Very close to Dongtan Beach, all baht buses going to Jomtien go right past and there are plenty of Thai food stalls within walking distance. As far as cheap restaurants goes, you are in Jomtien rather than Pattaya which does tend to be a bit dearer and priced to fleece the tourists. A baht bus over the hill to Pattaya only costs 10 baht (each) though so that's always an option.

My advice is to forget about renting an apartment as it is too much hassle.

For 5 weeks rent a hotel room and make sure you are in Pattaya not Jomtien as Pattaya is where all the action is anyway.

Plenty of good priced hotels that give you a monthly rate.

Also you wont get a good fitness centre in any apartment block.

Catch the baht bus to Tony's off Walking St and pay 99 baht for a well equiped quiet gym.

Yea, I decided Pattaya is a better location. Mainly because my wife is Thai is she likes Thai food. There are so many more places to eat in Pattaya and cheaper prices too. What about Nova Park Pattaya. Is this a good location. It looks pretty far off. Any other suggetions in Pattaya. I like Pattay Bay Resort, but I don't like the pool. It looks like there is no shade from viewing the photos. Is this true. I can't believe people have a pool and don't have umbrellas to keep the sun away. I don't want to get sun burnt and my wife doesn't want to be black, no offense.

Anybody ever try the Pattaya Centre Hotel?

If you want stay in Pattaya try this one:

http://www.royalparkjomtien.co.uk

They have also appartements for fair prices in the new View Talays next to new Central Departement Stores in Beach Road Pattaya Town.

You can try condo6.com, although most of their condos seem to be rented out right now. Thats view talay 6.