Power Transformer

Good evening

i am running a business nr Kalasin N/E Thai and the power cabling coming in isnt very big from the mainroad.I have asked the electricity company for a larger cabling and they have put me in touch with a transformer company.

They want 200,000 baht for there transformer.They cannot provide me with any choice of size or price,only a transformer ,enough to power the whole village.

The question is ,has anybody any knowledge /experiance of simuliar or know of any other transformer company that will offer different sizes of transformers/prices.

I seem to have been told ...only one available and the price is 200,000...any help please

Regards

kisskiss

Good evening

i am running a business nr Kalasin N/E Thai and the power cabling coming in isnt very big from the mainroad.I have asked the electricity company for a larger cabling and they have put me in touch with a transformer company.

They want 200,000 baht for there transformer.They cannot provide me with any choice of size or price,only a transformer ,enough to power the whole village.

The question is ,has anybody any knowledge /experiance of simuliar or know of any other transformer company that will offer different sizes of transformers/prices.

I seem to have been told ...only one available and the price is 200,000...any help please

Regards

kisskiss

More info on the size of your premises, business etc and what what size of cable supplies at the moment. I dont know about prices but i MAY be able to suggest cable size etc.

KissKiss, are you having problems with your present service now? Power dips, brown-outs? Is the service on your premises tripping breakers or popping fuses? Are you adding new equipment that will increase the load? There must be something else going on to make you concerned, not simply that you think the wire size of your service is too small. With the info you've posted, I don't understand why a transformer enters into the picture. Is this transformer the property of the utility company or is it yours? Help us here and we can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.

It depends how far you are from the (main road) source. I recently had that same problem. The meter was marked 5 (15) A whatever that means. The electrician we hired came in and put larger wires from the pole and changed the meter to one marked 15 (45) A. No mention was made of a transformer. The service still seems small to me but the electrician assured me that it would be plenty for anything I wanted to do.

If you are looking for three phase 480V you will probably need a transformer. I'm not sure what the numbers on the meter mean. If the larger number (45) is the amperage it is still not very much. If the aluminum wire or meter blowup I guess I used too much power. LOL.

Edited by Gary A

It is all related to the meter that you have.

You can upgrade to a 3 phase meter and have your own

electrician run new cables out to the street for connection to the new meter.

in the main citys you will find electric cables at 3 heights, the lowest is 220, middle 440 the highest is 660volts, obviously the later 2 need transformers, to upgrade your power to a village the company will tell you what size transformer you need, they do not give you choices on the premise that you promise not to turn on all the aircons in the village at the same time, if they say you need a 200kva transformer then you need a 200kva transformer, thats it, no negotitaition,they tell you what you need.

as for using a generator as someone posted thats a real expensive way to generate electric.

here is some info on 3 phase and meters