Blood Pressure After Heavy Exercising ?

pautai

i checked my pressure after doing some really heavy workout and it stays quite high for a long time . how long should it take to go back down to nearly normal ?

pulse is very high too but surely it should be high if i am pumping those muscles ...

what is normal after heavy exercising ?

guys who run the marathon must take ages to get down. one guy died in the London marathon recently .

i checked my pressure after doing some really heavy workout and it stays quite high for a long time . how long should it take to go back down to nearly normal ?

pulse is very high too but surely it should be high if i am pumping those muscles ...

what is normal after heavy exercising ?

guys who run the marathon must take ages to get down. one guy died in the London marathon recently .

Don't want to get you too worried, but I would get a quack to check your bp when you are relaxed.

You never know, you could be naturally hypersensitive (have high blood pressure).

If you are, as I was 10 years ago when I was a marathon runner, there is a risk.

After a training session of only 5K, I had a stroke (which on hospital examination turned out to be two strokes!).

The main cause was not the training or the fact I ran marathons, but that I had had high blood pressure most of my life without knowing it. I was 46 years old.

It is not without reason high blood pressure is called the silent killer.

However proper treatment can ensure anyone who is hypersensitive leads a normal and sporting life.

Not getting your blood pressure regularly checked, as all who are 40+ must, could have disastrous consequences as high blood pressure overworks the heart, brain, kidneys and other vital organs.