7-11 Scam !

William Osborne

OK just read through the comments on page one.

I thought it was funny as h*ll, especially the part about spending thirty minutes trying to piece the sausage back together.

Some of you guys just fell for it hook line and sinker! ! !

mmm, sausage...

:)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my part of investigative spirit, I have just gone to 7-11 and bought a footlong cheese bite. I purposely walked away while the guy at the counter chopped it up, and when I came back, took out all the pieces, laid them out on the counter, reassembled them, and used a ruler to measure the overall length, then compared this length to the footlong sausage that was in the rolling heater display box thing.

I am happy to report that the 7-11 near the Pravet intersection does not appear to follow along in this shameful scam. In fact, the length of my sausage ended up being 12 and a half inches, half an inch more than advertised, how is that for value?

Unfortunately, I am no longer welcome in that particular store. Nevermind, I shall try to expose scammers at other locations!

Report to the manager! didnt u see that note appear the phone NO. to report manager incase the workers being rude or cheat etc. alrite i think its all in thai language lol and u dont understand sigh! i was pissed aswell western union worker behind the counter didnt give me full money .50 for example 7,088.50 she gave me only 7,088 baht :)' but i didnt want to fight was rush to see friends! i think she's doing this often n' i doubt how much she gains from that? .50 go to her pocket or? sorry but i think its bad behavior! i dont steal and hate it.

Report to the manager! didnt u see that note appear the phone NO. to report manager incase the workers being rude or cheat etc. alrite i think its all in thai language lol and u dont understand sigh! i was pissed aswell western union worker behind the counter didnt give me full money .50 for example 7,088.50 she gave me only 7,088 baht :) ' but i didnt want to fight was rush to see friends! i think she's doing this often n' i doubt how much she gains from that? .50 go to her pocket or? sorry but i think its bad behavior! i dont steal and hate it.

ehehe I'd be more concerned about WU taking such a huge chunk of the exchange rates and their extortionate fees but that's a whole other topic :D

in my part of investigative spirit, I have just gone to 7-11 and bought a footlong cheese bite. I purposely walked away while the guy at the counter chopped it up, and when I came back, took out all the pieces, laid them out on the counter, reassembled them, and used a ruler to measure the overall length, then compared this length to the footlong sausage that was in the rolling heater display box thing.

I am happy to report that the 7-11 near the Pravet intersection does not appear to follow along in this shameful scam. In fact, the length of my sausage ended up being 12 and a half inches, half an inch more than advertised, how is that for value?

Unfortunately, I am no longer welcome in that particular store. Nevermind, I shall try to expose scammers at other locations!

Such a feel good story :)

:) Heaven forbid!!!

That's it..packing my ruck and heading for the airport. Enough is enough.

I did notice the other day after I bought a package of Lays potato chips that numerous one were broken inside the package when I opened it.... scam artists!

Thats not the half of it, Lays fill 80% of the bag with air and have the cheek to charge us a whopping 5 baht a packet, lol.

Stop complaining ,if you dont like it go back to your home land :)

Sorry that line has been reserved already - you need to come up with something original. Give it some thought, and return when you have discussed and agreed with your mates a much less overused rebut.

I will get you started..

"Why all farangs complain about hot dogs in Thailand. We like our hot dogs the way they are. In fact, I think we should become the hot dog hub of the world. For those who don't like it, they can can go home and eat their hot dogs any way they like."

Back home in blighty I only ever dated the checkout girls at M+S and saved a fortune on food bills. This allowed me to build my 5 bed villa on Samui. Now I have married a girl from 7/11 and with my increased savings I have a field full of happy buffalo and can even afford a mia noi.....! :)

The story has even made the international press. The evil doings of the 7-11 scam artists have been exposed to the world. Another nail in the coffin of Thai tourism:

Hunt the sausage, Thai style

Bangkok police admit they are baffled by the disappearance of a segment of cheesy sausage purchased in a local 7-11. Respected local inebriate, and 7-11 front step lounger, Mr William Osborne, bought a full length cheese-bite wiener from an unknown branch of the popular convenience store chain following a busy day of beer tasting.

Chopped

"the younster behind the counter indicates if I wanted it chopped so I said " ok" whilst i wandered over to the drinks fridge to get a few Chang Large for a nightcap" Mr Osborne stated, but, to his horror, upon getting it home it was notably smaller than the item he had purchased. "looking at the package, there is clearly not a full cheese-bite sausage in the pack".

Scrote

Mr Osborne attempted to piece the sausage together for some 30 minutes with no success, before coming to the shocking conclusion that it was "obviously a rip-off where the young scrote kept back a least one piece of the sausage". The young scrote was unavailable for comment at the time of press.

Stuffed

The serious crimes squad of the Bangkok police have put all other cases on hold in order to get to the bottom of this sausage mystery. Their spokesman on delicatessen, dairy and assorted poultry matters, Pol Sergeant Wipaladybottom, suspects this is just the tip of the sausage. "I suspect this is just the tip of the sausage" he was quoted as saying. He went on to say "I won't rest until I have cracked down on 7-11 sausage segment stealing scoundrels and removed them to inactive posts at less popular branches of the store". In the meantime, farangs beware. "We believe that there is a sizable number of Thais who would love to get their hands on your sausages, particularly the cheesy bits".

Pickled

When pressed as to when he would begin his crackdown, Pol Sergeant Wipaladybottom muttered something about having a drink first and then fining Mr Osborne for "cruelty to a Thai sausage" before getting down to business.

The image of you sat there half pissed in your flat trying your best to piece together a cut up sausage has to be the funniest thing I've heard this week! Do you shout "Ahaa!" when you finally pieced together the complex puzzle of the sausage? Thanks for the laugh! :)

I am thinking of starting a website to warn the world --

711Thaisausageboyscam.com

Why not start a poll? "Do you always get the sausage you paid for?"

I thought that was the poll for the ladies... "Do you always get the sausage you HOPED for?"

Well done William

You've fooled a lot of posters and brought them down to size. A good way to treat some of these keyboard warriors that criticise posts almost as an automatic response.

Do a few more and let's see if it can keep them away from derailing serious topics in the future

Great thread - thanks for the laugh.
Stop complaining ,if you dont like it go back to your home land :)

Maybe you should put some time aside to find a sense of humour :D

Carmine - That WAS a sense of humour !!

I stand corrected :D

The cheese filling cooled down (after oozing out slightly from the slices) whilst you were carrying out your experiment due to the air conditioning. The hardened cheese would have left small gaps between each slice once you re-assembled the sausage. Hence the extra length.