Buonissimo's Buffet

Greenside

....urge you to go while he's still open.

Excellent selection of high quality food from pizza to sautéed shrimp, fabulous ricotta and spinach cannelloni, wonderful cold cuts and of course a whole freezer full of ice cream. :)

Red wine at 475 a litre is drinkable too. A good evening out and the kids price of 180 baht (adults 380) is a steal given how much mine eats!

Hey thanks for the heads up. Can u give approximate location? I can't find phrao rd or Chareonraj Rd. Thumbon Watgate on the map.

CHAROENRAT ROAD is on the other side of the River Ping and runs alongside the river. My way is down Loi Kroh Road until you meet the sign indicating TURN RIGHT but instead, go straight across ,( that's on a motorbike), OVER THE BRIDGE, and take a left turn following that road alongside the river for about 3.5 kms. Buonissimo occupies quite a large area so you should see it on your LEFT. If you get to the Superhighway you've gone a few metres too far.

Don't you have Google Maps? Even so, I've seen this restaurant misplaced by one or two kms. Others will have their own way of getting there. Depends where you live.

Edited by Asmerom

That's a great map. Very useful. Forgive me for mentioning it but you may have made an error in putting Meechok Plaza and Rimping alongside the 118 rather than the main branch of the 1001. The map itself seems confusingly to mark the beginning of the 118 as the 1001 whereas,as you know, that secondary branch of the 1001 doesn't start for a few hundred meters up the 118. Hope I haven't blundered here.

Edited by Asmerom

I'll swear Mae Choek Plaza was at the junction of the ring road and 118 when I was there yesterday, whatever the roads are called on the map. I think it's big enough not to miss if you get that close, don't you? :)

No it isn't. And No, I don't. To get to Meechok Plaza from where you have placed it you need to travel about 2.5 kms. You have it at entirely the wrong junction. Its not at the 118 junction. Its at the junction of 3029 and 1001.

Edited by Asmerom

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Greenside,

Thanks for the link to your annotated map !

Minor correction : you map annotations spell it : "Buenissimo" : whose location you describe as :

"Go to Tesco on the superhighway heading east, cross the bridge and then U-turn back under it turning right to go down the road that runs by the river into town. The restaurant is about 100m on the right.

This location closing on 31/1/10."

There appears to be a "Buonissimo Deli" on the road to Mae Jo, and Phrao, north of the SuperHighway, owned by "Sergio" : is this the same owner of the restaurant which we assume to be on Faham Road, or just off Faham Road ? The Deli website map is not viewable at this time.

We came across some citations listing the address of the restaurant on Charoen Rat (probably wrong spelling), others spelling it Charoen Raj (almost certainly the correct spelling), but we thought once you were north of the second major bridge (the Nakhorn Ping bridge that leads into Thanon Kaew Nawarat), and beyond the Rama IX bridge, you were on Faham Road : maybe we is wrong, wrong, wrong.

thanks, ~o:37;

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Greenside,

Thanks for the link to your annotated map !

Minor correction : you map annotations spell it : "Buenissimo" : whose location you describe as :

"Go to Tesco on the superhighway heading east, cross the bridge and then U-turn back under it turning right to go down the road that runs by the river into town. The restaurant is about 100m on the right.

This location closing on 31/1/10."

There appears to be a "Buonissimo Deli" on the road to Mae Jo, and Phrao, north of the SuperHighway, owned by "Sergio" : is this the same owner of the restaurant which we assume to be on Faham Road, or just off Faham Road ? The Deli website map is not viewable at this time.

We came across some citations listing the address of the restaurant on Charoen Rat (probably wrong spelling), others spelling it Charoen Raj (almost certainly the correct spelling), but we thought once you were north of the second major bridge (the Nakhorn Ping bridge that leads into Thanon Kaew Nawarat), and beyond the Rama IX bridge, you were on Faham Road : maybe we is wrong, wrong, wrong.

I know Buonissimo and Greenside's directions are accurate. I think the place you are thinking of Orangeboom is the old location.

We tried it last night, and would definitely also recommend it, an ideal back-to-school celebratory-meal ! :D There were only about 20 diners there, the price was 390/190 (adult/child), and the ice-cream/sorbets are definitely worth saving room for ! :)

But the former air-con room is now almost-converted to a stage, presumably for the new occupants, so wear trousers/socks & mossie-spray, as the riverside-location is still as mossie-bound as ever.

We tried it last night, and would definitely also recommend it, an ideal back-to-school celebratory-meal ! :D There were only about 20 diners there, the price was 390/190 (adult/child), and the ice-cream/sorbets are definitely worth saving room for ! :D

But the former air-con room is now almost-converted to a stage, presumably for the new occupants, so wear trousers/socks & mossie-spray, as the riverside-location is still as mossie-bound as ever.

thx for the mozzie spray tip :)

? why, does he have plans to close ?

can't imagine because he has a well running import/wholesale business connected to the restaurant (italian sausage, dutch cheese, belgium beers etc. for rimping, tops etc)

don't miss the shop !

He's closing the restaurant sometime before the end of the month. The shop will remain but maybe at a new location.

I was there last night too. The buffet was great. I'm one of those who has regularly commented on buffet threads that I like the Amari's buffet lunch. I've been going there for 4 years and watched as the quality has gone down hill slightly but regularly. Buonissimo's buffet is better than the Amari's ever was, at almost the same price. All top notch ingredients at Buonissimo. Almost every dish a winner.

I'm glad the buffet is ending soon or I'd get fat fast.

can't imagine because he has a well running import/wholesale business connected to the restaurant (italian sausage, dutch cheese, belgium beers etc. for rimping, tops etc)

don't miss the shop !

He's closing the restaurant sometime before the end of the month. The shop will remain but maybe at a new location.

I was there last night too. The buffet was great. I'm one of those who has regularly commented on buffet threads that I like the Amari's buffet lunch. I've been going there for 4 years and watched as the quality has gone down hill slightly but regularly. Buonissimo's buffet is better than the Amari's ever was, at almost the same price. All top notch ingredients at Buonissimo. Almost every dish a winner.

Does anyone know if it's open tonight? I've tried the numbers on Buonissimo's website, one just rings out and the other is a wrong number. I know a few restaurants that shut on Monday's, hopefully this isn't one. If anyone can confirm I'd be very grateful.

don't miss the shop !

Does anyone know if it's open tonight? I've tried the numbers on Buonissimo's website, one just rings out and the other is a wrong number. I know a few restaurants that shut on Monday's, hopefully this isn't one. If anyone can confirm I'd be very grateful.

I was there last night too. Buffet was O.K...

I didn't see any sign indicating they would be closed tonight.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV Friends,

Once again thanks to Greenside for the great map !

We had a PM yesterday from a TV member who was still trying to figure out exactly where it was (not sure why he chose us). We suggested, in reply to him, that he write Greenside :)

If someone could please post the hours the buffet is open, that would be great.

Sawasdee Khrup, TV Friends,

Once again thanks to Greenside for the great map !

We had a PM yesterday from a TV member who was still trying to figure out exactly where it was (not sure why he chose us). We suggested, in reply to him, that he write Greenside :)

If someone could please post the hours the buffet is open, that would be great.

It is definitely now closed ! So that's a shame..

Can anyone recommend something similar for tonight that's child friendly too? Buffet or Tapas would be nice.. Also has anyone tried the churrascaria at the ratilanna hotel? Is that worth a trip?

Thy don't open until 17:30 according to the sign out front.

053 266431 is the number I called, and then a Thai friend ( just to make sure there was no confusion ) Apparently they ( buffet area ) are now closed permanently - day or night, if you can confirm otherwise I'd like to hear.

053 266431 is the number I called, and then a Thai friend ( just to make sure there was no confusion ) Apparently they ( buffet area ) are now closed permanently - day or night, if you can confirm otherwise I'd like to hear.

Well all I can say is that I was there last night and they were open for business (Buffet). There was a chalkboard sign out front saying that they will open at 17:30 this month. The manager even said "please come back" to us as we were leaving. So maybe try calling again in about an hour???

Well all I can say is that I was there last night and they were open for business (Buffet). There was a chalkboard sign out front saying that they will open at 17:30 this month. The manager even said "please come back" to us as we were leaving. So maybe try calling again in about an hour???

Weird ! Will call again later.. Thanks

Just talked to Sergio and they are done. No more buffet. The restaurant is closed and they are moving out. Sorry I missed it.

He is happy that they are moving on. They will open a large wholesale shop and the small pizzeria near the Thapae Gate.