• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Self Service

lennya12threh

I don't want to drive to the shop to get him to do some easy servicing on my bike, and have been reading in the manual about proper procedures, but have a couple questions....

1. For the air filter it only says use an airbrush and put it back in, but mine is a KN filter so shouldn't be washed and then have oil applied?

How can I do this at home, with basic shit, and cheaply. On the KN sight it just says to buy their cleaning kit...

What should I clean it with, and what oil should I apply after it is dry before putting it back in.

2. For cleaning the drive chain, in the manual it says to only use kerosene and other stuff it too powerful and can damage the o-rings.

Anyways, it didn't say to take the chain off.... Do I just prop the bike up and turn the wheel as I clean it, and then rinse it? Just as I would when applying chain lube?

-Lenny

Edited by lennya12threh

Jeeze, I called Fast Corner and they said the kit was 800baht and only used for one time...

My mechanic does it correctly and only charges 360 or so.....

I think they lied when they said its only for cleaning once......

If it comes as the two bottles, the cleaning solution and filter oil, then it must be usable for many times.....

-Lenny

I don't want to drive to the shop to get him to do some easy servicing on my bike, and have been reading in the manual about proper procedures, but have a couple questions....

1. For the air filter it only says use an airbrush and put it back in, but mine is a KN filter so shouldn't be washed and then have oil applied?

How can I do this at home, with basic shit, and cheaply. On the KN sight it just says to buy their cleaning kit...

What should I clean it with, and what oil should I apply after it is dry before putting it back in.

2. For cleaning the drive chain, in the manual it says to only use kerosene and other stuff it too powerful and can damage the o-rings.

Anyways, it didn't say to take the chain off.... Do I just prop the bike up and turn the wheel as I clean it, and then rinse it? Just as I would when applying chain lube?

-Lenny

The K&N Filter Cleaning Kits: http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

The K&N Filter Cleaning procedure: http://www.knfilters.com/cleaning.htm

Go to Fast Corner in Pantip Plaza, Chiang Mai, they should have the cleaning kits in stock :) My kit for my R1 I used many times. Don't know why they are saying its a one off?

Edited by Garry