How Safe Do You Feel In Thailand

bud69er

wakey wakey, we all know these thais are big smile when you go in there shops to spend money. so dont give it all that....i have my veiws of this place, as i will say again EACH TO THERE OWN, & by the way im the most politest person you will ever meet. so i bid you good day SIR :D PS i know england is not the best place in the world but atleast i will feel safer & get a pls & thx from people :) .

---------------------------------------------

Bud69er!!!

I dont care what ever you are or not are!! The situation you describe is easy to fall into. And it is not easy to take yourself out of it. When I read about your life as you describe it, I got the feeling that you mostly have a hard time because you do not understand a shit of life here. You say that you understand thai-language to 90%. hmmm it is like people looking arround and cannot see anything, mostly because they are not LOOKING!!

You are right Bud69er they do not give us thank you, they do not say thank you to their own kind, so why to us falangs?? i think you expect too much really!

Your business is a shitbusiness as you say, so leave it, if you cant stay here without it, leave, Do not spend your lifetime here unhappy, it is not worth it. You know life doesn´t go in a rerun, so do the right thing now.

if you decide to stay, you realy really really have to start to adapt. look that word up,,, adapt..... and if you hate life in Phuket there are so many wonderful places here in Thailand that not are that bad as you descibe. If you lack money, as I KNOW you are, come up to Isaan, we have a very good and cheap life here, dinner 35 baht, same for lunch

Welcome mate..

Glegolo

Anybody who go to Isaan, must be nuts! Keep the place to youself. Worst advice ever. Not north of Bangkok, no way!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wakey wakey, we all know these thais are big smile when you go in there shops to spend money. so dont give it all that....i have my veiws of this place, as i will say again EACH TO THERE OWN, & by the way im the most politest person you will ever meet. so i bid you good day SIR :D PS i know england is not the best place in the world but atleast i will feel safer & get a pls & thx from people :) .

Bud69er!!!

I dont care what ever you are or not are!! The situation you describe is easy to fall into. And it is not easy to take yourself out of it. When I read about your life as you describe it, I got the feeling that you mostly have a hard time because you do not understand a shit of life here. You say that you understand thai-language to 90%. hmmm it is like people looking arround and cannot see anything, mostly because they are not LOOKING!!

You are right Bud69er they do not give us thank you, they do not say thank you to their own kind, so why to us falangs?? i think you expect too much really!

Your business is a shitbusiness as you say, so leave it, if you cant stay here without it, leave, Do not spend your lifetime here unhappy, it is not worth it. You know life doesn´t go in a rerun, so do the right thing now.

if you decide to stay, you realy really really have to start to adapt. look that word up,,, adapt..... and if you hate life in Phuket there are so many wonderful places here in Thailand that not are that bad as you descibe. If you lack money, as I KNOW you are, come up to Isaan, we have a very good and cheap life here, dinner 35 baht, same for lunch

Welcome mate..

Glegolo

Anybody who go to Isaan, must be nuts! Keep the place to youself. Worst advice ever. Not north of Bangkok, no way!

What's wrong with Issan? (serious question asked without presumption or prejudice).

Bud69er!!!

Welcome mate..

Glegolo

------------------

---------------------------------------------------

hahaha, you have at least a god taste for humour. To one point I actually agree with you. To live and stay and like it here in Isaan

you must have a family and you must be able to create a social life as well. Than there is no problem. But stay here in Isaan as a bachelor is pure crap and I wouldn´t do it either.

But I am not sure you understand what I mean. You just maybe are one of all these people saying to other people -"hey I moved to Thailand", while in fact you just changed from one concrete road to another. In my homecountry we call these people just "concrete-kids", meaning unable to like and love it anywhere else than in big cities.

But I guess it is up to us individually where we live. Good luck with your choices in life.

Glegolo

wakey wakey, we all know these thais are big smile when you go in there shops to spend money. so dont give it all that....i have my veiws of this place, as i will say again EACH TO THERE OWN, & by the way im the most politest person you will ever meet. so i bid you good day SIR :D PS i know england is not the best place in the world but atleast i will feel safer & get a pls & thx from people :D .

Bud69er!!!

Welcome mate..

Glegolo

Yesterday l replied to a guy who said don't get involved with an Isaan lady because of what they eat, today we have you with another negative blurb about the Isaan district. Please let us know why the statement. Could it be not enough bars per 100 metres or not enough girlys hanging around in shop doorways for you or perhaps not enough drunken farangs in one place to dribble and talk rubbish. Must be one of the three reasons If the poster had lived up country he would witness virtually no aggression, pleasant people and more. Everywhere l go here l get shown respect and friendship from Thais, even have beer supplied by THAIS many times. You should get around a bit. PLEASE let us know your thoughts because there are many of us that live in Isaan. :D

quote me! go back through everything i said and qoute me! :)

Bud69er!!!

Welcome mate..

Glegolo

-------------------------------------------------

Yesterday l replied to a guy who said don't get involved with an Isaan lady because of what they eat, today we have you with another negative blurb about the Isaan district. Please let us know why the statement. Could it be not enough bars per 100 metres or not enough girlys hanging around in shop doorways for you or perhaps not enough drunken farangs in one place to dribble and talk rubbish. Must be one of the three reasons If the poster had lived up country he would witness virtually no aggression, pleasant people and more. Everywhere l go here l get shown respect and friendship from Thais, even have beer supplied by THAIS many times. You should get around a bit. PLEASE let us know your thoughts because there are many of us that live in Isaan. :D

-------------------------------------------------------

Tigerfish!!! I would like to read about your thoughts as well in this matter. Or dont you have enough knowledge, and are just talking

air.... Plse enlighten us about Isaan.

Glegolo

Advise to the OP - if you expect thanks from customers, then you are in the wrong business! You are providing a service (basic Thai food). Your customers have absolutely no reason to thank you, especially since it is not the norm for Thais to offer thanks to the cook/dek-serve in a roadside restaurant.

You need to liven up, smile all the time, (even when you are ignored). Make your customers feel important by your polite manners and attention to service etc, and they will return (assuming the food is ok). Put aside your own personal feelings and act like a businesman.

Simon

Theres so many trolly bits to this guys post its hard to know where to start.

The biggest question is why even bother?

For starters he says he "owns" a business which everyone knows is unlikely if not impossible. The way he talks about his girlfiend it is also doubtful the business was in her name, at least he doesnt mention anything alluding to this in any way.

Secondly for someone who has been in LOS for two years and still doesnt like or understand the culture he seems to have picked up pidgeon English with astounding dexterity. I dont know of many Brits who would ever TRY to talk like that on purpose let alone type that way.

And you'd have to wonder if he really has had anything to do with a business in Thailand if he expects please and thankyou's, considering it is near on sacrilige for a thai person to pay ANYTHING to a farang under any circumstances, even and especially in the circumstances of buying food.

A real business owner would not even want it to be known he owned a business and would be keeping his appearances to the public minimal i would think....AND he should be chuffed that thais are even patronising his business period,let alone expecting pleasantries.

The story might have been slightly more believable if he had stated his clientelle was mainly farang and directed the complaints that way

You are right though OP, do go home (wherever that is) i doubt you will be able to afford to buy a sign to hang on the door of a business anywhere else in the world let alone own and run one

Bud69er!!!

(nipped short) Your business is a shitbusiness as you say, so leave it, if you cant stay here without it, leave, Do not spend your lifetime here unhappy, it is not worth it. You know life doesn´t go in a rerun, so do the right thing now.

Welcome mate..

Glegolo

-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

Tigerfish!!! I would like to read about your thoughts as well in this matter. Or dont you have enough knowledge, and are just talking

air.... Plse enlighten us about Isaan.

Glegolo

answered you question did it. GOOD IM SO HAPPY.

the thread is degenerating.... stick to the topic ' HARD TIMES FALL ON MY SMALL BUSINESS IN THAILAND AND I HATE MY JOB' -- and tone down the talk...or this thread will go the way of many others....

bina/thaivisa mod

the thread is degenerating.... stick to the topic ' HARD TIMES FALL ON MY SMALL BUSINESS IN THAILAND AND I HATE MY JOB' -- and tone down the talk...or this thread will go the way of many others....

bina/thaivisa mod

bina, mederbear evrit? ken/lo

Translation anyone?

He came on holiday, met a Thai girl, fell in love, wanted to stay, had very little money, bought a cheap restaurant, business provides him only a Thai income, he wants a western income, has no money for a bigger business, now going home, has no job in UK, no money in UK, poor Thai girlfriend cast adrift as he cannot pay to get her to go with him.

Bottom line is not enough cash but wanted to live the dream.

Great Translation.......On the other hand the O.P shouldn`t judge Thai people only by his customers!

go home...

no i dont think so, i have more money than you thx$$$$$ add that up, i not want to waste my money to buy a bar/restaurant in patong/karon ect for mils of baht when its only busy at the end of dec until end of feb, it will take yrs & yrs to get your money back from them places, open your eyes and look how many people are tyrying to sell there bars & restaurants in thailand bcoz they loose so much money as no customers for 9 months. i just hate this rude dirty country.

No-one forced you to start a business here. Take responsibility for your situation. If you hate the place so much...pack your bags Pal and do us all a favour.

bina/thaivisa mod

Is that the best you can come up with to OUR question. It's a legit question, because l am trying to perhaps point the original poster to look at other parts of Thailand for his future. But you and bellste have put the mockers on it giving Isaan a bad name, in your opinion. :)

no i did not! i tried to explain myself, but all i got was a wrap on the nuckles. see bina

This thread reminds me of the thread here once before on "Washed up old farangs".

I wonder if the OP could re-vamp his Restuarant a bit, perhaps throw up a discount for thai visa members and maybe if he gets a few other washed up farangs to sit around with & chew the phat, he may feel a little more at home......save him the long trip home to sit around in a housing commission estate with other unemployable londoners :) .

Have you ever thought OP that the reason nobody thanks you is because the food is crrapp, your overpriced for thais and they can probably read your thoughts based on the sour look on your face. Having said all of that you did well to obtain 90% proficiency in the thai language in just 2 short years. :D

Hi Mate, sorry for all the grief you are getting in Phuket. I just wanted to ask you where you are from? I am from Brixton and your English is a little bit different to mine, also no offence intended but are you sure that your GF was robbed? hopefully she is trustworthy and honest like my missus. Just a thought :)

bina/thaivisa mod

Is that the best you can come up with to OUR question. It's a legit question, because l am trying to perhaps point the original poster to look at other parts of Thailand for his future. But you and bellste have put the mockers on it giving Isaan a bad name, in your opinion. :)

Well said. I initially thought the OP was going for a wind up because of the apparent deliberate poor English. But I might well have been wrong about that, if so, then stop mocking the guy and offer some helpful advice. I am a sarcastic bastard to the last, usually! but I can sometimes recognise when a genuine distress call is being put out. Pisstaking amuses me but only at the right time and right place.

no, don't go. stop. we're begging you. please, stay. please.

and to answer the OPs onloy question, i feel quite safe. i was born and raised on the "west side" of a US metropolis and i live quite the same, if not better when it comes to safety. guess it all depends on what you are comparing your little street to...

Edited by anothertorres

I'm not sure where I have to go in Thailand to look for trouble...other than riding a motorcycle in Thai traffic. I already saw one bad accident tonight. But, that topic has been mentioned on numerous occasions. It's now 3:30 in the morning and some of the Pattaya bars are closed, and all the creepy crawlies are SUPPOSED to be out looking for a potential victim. But, try as I might, I just can't find any of these bad guys to molest. And here I thought Pattaya was supposed to be a dangerous place? :)

bina/thaivisa mod

I thought this topic was called "How safe do you feel in Thailand"

Seems nobody is interested but anyway: I feel pretty darn safe,all things taken into account of other parts of the world

We know the op isn't a good business man. He complains the Thais eat in two mins. well isn't that the best customer no hanging around chatting taking up space. It's called turn over which means more business=more money.

I have been in some really dodgy places in Thailand and never felt unsafe.

The OP couldn't possible be a native English speaker. I hope the schools aren't that bad in England. Why doesn't he just pack up and take his GF with him back to UK?

I just like to point out that I am a native English speaker and was educated in England,yes your right our kid our schools are not that bad.I do not believe that OP represents the UK as a whole.

Move to Pattaya, It is very friendly and all the Thais love foreigners - they show nothing but respect for all and consider it an honour to sleep with a handsum farang. The baht bus drivers are friendly and helpful as are the motorbike taxis and it is very safe as well. I am sure there was no-one killed yesterday (but I could be wrong)

Live in Pattaya where the scum floats right to the top of the barrel.

The title of this thread is 'Do you feel safe in Thailand". It seems to me that the OP went right off topic from the get go. Others have merely followed his lead.

Practically all the businesses that I regularly patronise thank me for my custom. If they want to separate me from some of my money my attitude is that they can do what I did. Earn it. The ringing of the till and my return to make other purchases should be thanks enough.

Translation anyone?

This guy says he lives in UK but cannot speak/write english.You dont want the government to find out you are a claiming dole,and you are a polish immigrant.Listen mate if you want to live with thais thats ok but dont complain when things go wrong.I can see you havent realy got the money to stay in Thailand and please dont knock Thai people who you have only met in a street in Phuket selling your 20 baht noodles.

god help him

Move to Pattaya, It is very friendly and all the Thais love foreigners - they show nothing but respect for all and consider it an honour to sleep with a handsum farang. The baht bus drivers are friendly and helpful as are the motorbike taxis and it is very safe as well. I am sure there was no-one killed yesterday (but I could be wrong)

Live in Pattaya where the scum floats right to the top of the barrel.

A Bangkok teacher????

A jealous guy

carry on with working hard and i will continue my early retirement in this lovely place.Get down to Patts and i will love to meet you and introduce you to my floating scum friends.We will all be happy to see you

A certain ex Prime Minister, now fugitive from justice, experienced quite a few business failures before hitting the mother lode. Most small businesses do fail. C'est la vie. If you have any backbone, you pick yourself up, put on a smiley face, and start all over again. Griping and moaning cuts no mustard with anybody, as the majority of posts here show.

A little market research helps. Look at the latest thing to come swanning down the pike, and get on that bandwagon.

you know I dont know about any of you but seriously

There is no such thing as a safe place. as humans we have always had crimes long before any of us where ever even born. I believe the only thing to do is to be aware, stay away from bad areas, prevention. Seriously long after were all dead crime will still exist. Its called human nature.

Note look at the percentage of crime ratio in a major city vs little city.