Into Bkk Whilst Awaiting Connecting Flight. Hotels?

james.d

Hi All,

I have some friends (husband & wife early 60s) who would like to visit BKK whilst awaiting there connecting flight onward. Thing is, i have tried to find a nice hotel downtown for them for their 3-4 hours that they will spend here. It will be from 11am ish till around 2pm weekday but i get quoted a price for 1 nights stay. It was just somewhere for them to drop off bags and get refreshed and maybe walk round a bit. They really dont want to stay in the airport for the duration as it maybe their only chance to see BKK. I sadly will be out of Thailand at that time.

Anyone got any ideas on a good or at least half decent place?

Thankyou in advance.

Are you including the travelling time within that 3-4 hours. Sometimes when the traffic is heavy it can take 45 minutes or so to get to the city center, so to be safe, wipe off 90 minutes with the return as well and it doesnt leave much time for freshening up and seeing sites....is it worth it???????

HL :)

Forget about it, Is the connecting flight international if so at least 2 hours arrival at airport before departure, 90 min. travel time to downtown and return to airport thats 3 hours and a half. What are they going to see in all that time they have for sightseeing, not much. Bite the bullet and stay at the airport.