Trip To Kl?

Hello, I intend taking advantage of Air Asia's fantastic prices and want to fly from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur returning after 4 days. As a British national and passport holder I know I will receive a 3 month stamp on entry at KL airport. My questions relates to my Thai girlfriend, who I would like to travel with me. ( she has a valid Thai passport).

Are Thai nationals allowed to travel freely to Malaysia, or do they need a visa beforehand?

I have been unsuccessful so far finding this out.

Any advice would be appreciated, particularly from anyone who has made a similar trip. It is my impression that neighbouring countries "do not encourage" Thais to travel, am I wrong to assume this?

I want to avoid arriving at KL airport and finding there is a problem because she doesn't have the correct paperwork.

Thank you.

Jonnie.

Hello, I intend taking advantage of Air Asia's fantastic prices and want to fly from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur returning after 4 days. As a British national and passport holder I know I will receive a 3 month stamp on entry at KL airport. My questions relates to my Thai girlfriend, who I would like to travel with me. ( she has a valid Thai passport).

Are Thai nationals allowed to travel freely to Malaysia, or do they need a visa beforehand?

I have been unsuccessful so far finding this out.

Any advice would be appreciated, particularly from anyone who has made a similar trip. It is my impression that neighbouring countries "do not encourage" Thais to travel, am I wrong to assume this?

I want to avoid arriving at KL airport and finding there is a problem because she doesn't have the correct paperwork.

Thank you.

Jonnie.

Malaysia is no problem, no visa required. Enjoy, KL is a great place to visit.

The only precautionary note I would make is when you arrive in KLIA Immigration, go to the counter with your GF and give the officer both passports at the same time. Malaysian Immigration has been known to be very strict (asking to see return tickets, money, etc) at times about admitting young Thai girls on their own. If they realize she is with you, there will be no problem.

TH