Reasonably Priced Hotel Near The Beach?

Jimmyd

I have some friends coming on Sunday, the 17th, and they want to stay near the beach--sea view would be nice I guess.

One of them is an older gentleman, 87 years old, so has some mobility issues.

If anyone knows of a good deal near the beach, I would appreciate the information. I was hoping it would be around a thousand per night per room if possible.

Not an oceanview, but right next to Central Festival...I was there in August for about 10 days. 1000B per night, quiet, fairly nice rooms. Easy to get about. I got the deal from latestays.com, but you can also call them direct and they will give you the same rate.

Darn...fingers got ahead of my brain...I lost a few brain cells last night at the Green Day concert in BKK!

It is Baron Beach. You can look up reviews on tripadvisor.com.

I also stayed at Nova lodge several times. About 1000B including a fair breakfast. But it is an old hotel...

Sabai lodge has several places near the beach also with a variety of price ranges. Fairly nice properties...I think I have at one time or another stayed in every one of them!

Again, check latestays.com. We got a great deal at the Amari (old wing) last summer. res24 is also good as is the one here on TV. All worth checking out as you never know which one has a good deal on a specific hotel....

The Nova lodge is now under new management and called Central Hotel.

It is perfect for an elderly person as it has a nice enclosed pool area plus it is only about 25 meters to the beach. Not sure of the rate now, it is still high season so it may be above 1000 baht at night, give them a try on the web.

The Queen hotel is about 200 meters from the beach and it is 800 baht a night. I can reccomend this hotel as I used it for 15 years until buying my own pad.

Good luck.