Apple 4g Iphone Coming To South Korea April

livinthailandos

ok I know first this is not a thailand forum but as a nerd and i love technology I put this down. I feel this is worth mentioning due to what things will be included in this new iphone, and yes I know we can never speak of any 4G in thailand due to just how silly thailand is anyway I'll put down the specs and article listed

4G iPhones will be equipped with organic light emitting diode (OLED) screens on surface and live video chat functionalities, while removable battery is highly likely.

The new 4G iPhone is also going to be loaded with dual core processors and higher and powerful graphic chips that can deliver higher video resolutions and better "still" images when taking pictures.

Article by Korean Times

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2.../133_58873.html

Also note I was not surpised by higher specs I believe within less than 2 years more and more smart phones should be running at least 1Ghz thanks in part to google nexus running the snapdragon processor

I guess they're talking about April 2011 :)

Honestly, as exciting this sounds, I think it's a load of BS. Yeah iPhones will get dual core processors and OLED screens (helps battery life, which is basically the only weakness in the current 3GS) and at some point 4G but not in April 2010. The next update will probably happen in June.

One certainty is that no-one from Apple will say anything about it other than they don't comment on future releases. Maybe this got mixed up with the Apple tablet, which very well might have OLED screen and dual core processors.

Replaceable batteries are not going to happen at Apple. They're even switching their laptops to non-user-replaceable batteries. Apple is the only company that realizes that most people never own or want to own 2 batteries, and that replacing an end of life battery is done at the Apple store anyway and only once ever 3 years or so with the newer longer-lasting models, so saving materials and space by removing the battery replacement mechanism makes perfect sense. One day, the PC world will wake up to that and do it as well.

• 2 weeks later...
this is nonsense.

dual core phone processors?

removable battery?

not anytime soon buddy.

Sure they do. I've seen them already at MBK. Must be factory seconds though. The Apple logo is backwards and iPhone is spelled iFone.

this is nonsense.

dual core phone processors?

removable battery?

not anytime soon buddy.

http://www.gizmag.com/qualcomm-1-5-ghz-sna...gon-8x72/13776/

SO yeah, a bit sooner than you think....

Removable battery is just a design choice, and both the Japanese and Korean markets are know to be completely different from the rest of the world so it is not completely out of the question. Unlikely, yes, possible, yes.