Complaining To Tot Goldcyber

LivinLOS

I have a recent 1024/256 goldcyber / TOT install.. Theres a few issues with line and modem etc that are a joke but more than that the speed is just not enough..

I knew when I signed up I would nto get 1024 but was told that I would be getting a approx 600 or so kbps, I installed HiNet on TT&T lines for my buddy (rated at 2Mbps) and he gets a solid 600 - 800 at worst and I have seen 1.2 mbps via international McCafee speedo tests.

My line (as well as dropping and needing themodem rebooting multiple times daily) is registering around 40 kbps !!! My previous home was JINet 128/64 and I had a solid 110 DL speed.. In other words I was getting twice as fast out of a service rated as being 1/8th what this is.

Guessing that squeeky wheels might get greased or at least if no one complains they think they can get away with it, any idea who I should / could pester about this ??

Livinlos,

where are you located?

I've just had goldcyber installed(central Pattaya) and get a solid 800kbps most of the day...better then I was anticipating!

Only had a hard time getting the vpi/vci settings set up correctly, they should be at 1/32.

On the D-link modem I have these settings are hidden extremely well :o

Located in Patong, vpi/vci are set 1/32..

Funny you should mention D-Link.. I had a D-Link modem (W-500) and was having connection problems.. ADSL tech comes round on the day when they were sorting out my install and took one look at it.. Smiled sheepishly and disconnected it, he put his own (clunker) of a modem on and said they are having issues with DLink modems and they are not working / causing problems on the new installs.

He then said I could keep the clunker as a loaner and he took the ADSL one to be debugged and tested (I have is name and number and have dealt with him many times over the last couple of years.. I dont suspect he was poaching it).. Seems like Thai ADSL has compatibility problems all accross the board.

I was intending to call as the clunker overheats and needs to be reset a lot !!!!

TOT gave me the dsl-210 model from d-link.

Seems to be working OK over here.

Have been hearing they have compatibility problems because of the different brands of equipment they use.

They supposedly have a mixmatch of equipment from huawei, cisco and some other brands!

Guess one has to be a bit lucky...

Also in Pattaya at the TOT office you won't find very helpfull people. You have to be a very persistent bugger to get them to accept your application. Hence they probably don't have a lot of subscribers yet, and the system is still lightly loaded.

We'll see how it keeps up in the future...

i sign up Tot almost 11 month, when i sign up i ask if they have 1mb, they told me yes they do, but this clerk was being nice to me and said, we do have 1mb for you to sign up but the problem is the line doesn't support 1mb only up to 256..well you figure out the rest and i live in Bangkok too.