MikeWill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the same website

there is 24" Dell model ST2410 - at THB 8,988 - here.

23" Dell model ST2310 - at THB 7,276 - here.

ignis,

Is it a specialized Dell distributer in the shop at Seer Rangsit, or they are also have a shop in Pantip?

No idea about the old Pantip, did go there once in about January 2003, have been to Pantip 2 as a bit closer then Seer Rangsit, but is about the same time wise in driving as I use the empty cross country back roads to Seer Rangsit... Seer Rangsit is much bigger and far more shops

I bought the Samsung 2350 back in August, it has been very good. it is 16/9 which is ideal for watching movies etc. I can not understand why you would want to go to 1900 by 1200 in your case and if it is only to be used with a computer the hdmi is useless and a waste of money.

If you old graphics card will not allow you to play games at the native resolution (1920 * 1080) it will look like crap also. LCD monitors are really good at the native resolution but anything else is crap.

If your computer has a PCI express slot then upgrade your graphics card, you can get some under 2000 baht that perform quite well. If the computer only has a AGP slot it is really not worth spending money upgrading it.

Yesterday, I went to the Fortune Tower in Ratchada, and it was big disappointment... the only (23" Samsung 2333SW Plus) unit available was from the display and even so more expensive. No Dell monitors of 23-24" at all.

Frustrating shopping experience + terrible traffic.

toptuan earlier mentioned that he bought his 23" Samsung 2333SW Plus at around 5,100 baht or so, but it was up country. It is rather strange that Bangkok prices are more expensive.

I bought the Samsung 2350 back in August, it has been very good. it is 16/9 which is ideal for watching movies etc. I can not understand why you would want to go to 1900 by 1200 in your case and if it is only to be used with a computer the hdmi is useless and a waste of money.

If you old graphics card will not allow you to play games at the native resolution (1920 * 1080) it will look like crap also. LCD monitors are really good at the native resolution but anything else is crap.

If your computer has a PCI express slot then upgrade your graphics card, you can get some under 2000 baht that perform quite well. If the computer only has a AGP slot it is really not worth spending money upgrading it.

My MB is ASUS A8N-SLi Premium (w/(2x1024) 2GB Corsair DDR 400MHz). It has dual PCI Express slots for SLI.

VGA - ASUS eXtreme Nvidia GeForce N6600GT 128MB DDR3.

What card (under 2000 baht) would you recommend?

Yes, I admit, it was a mistake to drive to Fortune Tower: in through Asoke, and out via hi-way. No more...

I don't think it is a practical alternative to shop for a monitor online, at least, not for me. I want to see/test/feel what I buy. Furthermore, the online prices are even more expensive (฿6,848.00).

Maybe tomorrow, I give a try to the Seer Rangsit. Never been there. ignis, do you remember where the Dell shop is located there? (some coordinates)

Yesterday, I went to the Fortune Tower in Ratchada, and it was big disappointment... the only (23" Samsung 2333SW Plus) unit available was from the display and even so more expensive. No Dell monitors of 23-24" at all.

toptuan earlier mentioned that he bought his 23" Samsung 2333SW Plus at around 5,100 baht or so, but it was up country. It is rather strange that Bangkok prices are more expensive.

My MB is ASUS A8N-SLi Premium (w/(2x1024) 2GB Corsair DDR 400MHz). It has dual PCI Express slots for SLI.

The N6600 you have now will be fine for windows and video, it may get a bit slow at native resolution depending on what games you play. Do you know if it is a SLI card if so you could add a gt9500 for around 2000 baht and link them together (SLI) and get the benefit of both of them working together.

The N6600 you have now will be fine for windows and video, it may get a bit slow at native resolution depending on what games you play. Do you know if it is a SLI card if so you could add a gt9500 for around 2000 baht and link them together (SLI) and get the benefit of both of them working together.

at 2000baht u should be able to get a fairly new 2nd hand HD4770.

Traffic bad at Fortune Town. So sad. MRT have a station there.

I was in Pantip Plaza today. That shop on floor 2 is Incom.

They have a bunch of new Samsung Monitors.

For example model 2343 is 6,900 baht. 23 inch widescreen rez 2048 x 1152

That will give some GPU's a hernia trying to get decent FPS.

I went today to Central Rama III, and pay a visit to the IT City on 6th fl.

the Samsung model 2343 is ~ 6,200 baht there.

But I bought the 23" ultra-slim P2370 at ~7,400 baht. It was the only one available.

Specs:

Resolution: 1,920x1,080

Pixel-response rate: 2ms

Contrast ratio: 1,000:1

Brightness: 250cd/m2

Connectivity: DVI-D

HDCP compliant? Yes

Included video cables? DVI

Backlight: CCFL

Panel Type: TN

Looks nice. Comments will follow.

Few more observations:

The P2370 has only one input connector: DVI-I, VGA. It comes with two cables: one is DVI - DVI, another is DVI - VGA.

This panel is really slim and light, the contrast ratio/brightness is really amazing, excellent graphics (Dot pitch 0.2655mm) and picture quality/colors. 3-year warranty is included.

Another advantage is a lower power consumption (30 Watt Operational). It should bring electric bill down considerably.

Yeah I've said that in another post as well, the P2370 is the sexiest monitor on the market still (it's been around for a while now). Very nice performance, but most importantly it looks to sexy! A bit like their LED TVs.

I have the P2350.. Purchased Aug or so..

Just the other week it wouldnt turn on.. Back to Samsung service center, no problem under warranty.. Get a call.. We have founf the problem.. Jing Jock fried the insides.. No warranty !!!

Was funny enough that I didnt get out of shape over it but maybe they could design the air vents to be a little smaller next time !!

Edited by LivinLOS

Just the other week it wouldnt turn on.. Back to Samsung service center, no problem under warranty.. Get a call.. We have founf the problem.. Jing Jock fried the insides.. No warranty !!!

Was funny enough that I didnt get out of shape over it but maybe they could design the air vents to be a little smaller next time !!

I have the same monitor, it must have been a small one to get in there. Chances are it is only the power supply board that was affected, did they give you a cost to repair it?

I have the same monitor, it must have been a small one to get in there. Chances are it is only the power supply board that was affected, did they give you a cost to repair it?

28xx something to repair..

Can you find 2408WFP in Bangkok? That's what I have here at home but might consider picking up for Bangkok if the price was right. $380 is typical price here in the US.

What's the best value 24inch on the market with display port or DVI?

Better still, did they show you the fried Jing Jock? :):D

Of course.. Along with the board with the burnt bits of jing jok feet on it !!

When I came to pay they gave me all the paperwork and a jing jok in a plastic bag.. I tipped em the jing jok..

But to add insult to injury... My AC stopped working in the master bedroom.. Get the guy out.. Guess what ?? You got it.. Another fried Jing Jok !!

I am losing my sense of humour over them..

Better still, did they show you the fried Jing Jock? :):D

Of course.. Along with the board with the burnt bits of jing jok feet on it !!

When I came to pay they gave me all the paperwork and a jing jok in a plastic bag.. I tipped em the jing jok..

But to add insult to injury... My AC stopped working in the master bedroom.. Get the guy out.. Guess what ?? You got it.. Another fried Jing Jok !!

I am losing my sense of humour over them..

Maybe someone can start a business dipping board in resin like some brands of washing machine such as LG and Samsung. This would stop this happening.