Cave Diving

bazmlb

I haeard someone say there were some caves to dive in northern Thailand, I know there flooded cave near the temple at Chiang Dao so others way exist too, anyone know, if so I would been keen being a qualified cave diver to go check some out.

Did my cavern with Bruce Konefe - nice guy........ great source of knowledge ( admittingly he was in those days not good at transferring that knowledge in class room, but made up for it on practical ).

From memory, 97% of cave diving deaths are from non certified cave divers ( i.e instructors with "i can do attitude" etc ) so i would strongly advise to get the proper training.

Guess I better get my drysuit sent over, I am guessing the water is a little colder than the ocean around Pattaya, would like to do a trip down to kanch to dive the temples in the dam there too, I heard theres on at 50m and another at 120m.

Get in touch with Bruce Konefe, he knows all those places and is a very expereinced cave diver, besides bing a nice person and easy to get along with.

I have done some cave exploring between Chang Mai and Mae Hong son but did not have very good luck. The elevation of the area left most of the caves dry. Found a couple caves but mostly only ponds. I never heard of Chiang Dao, where is that at? I have found probable around 8 cavern/caves just north or Kanchanaburi and a few down by Khao Sok National park. Krabi has a few caves in the area such as Sre Keo and Song hong which are monster caves. I do have a few more down south to explore also.

I do have a map of a sunken city before and after the flood. Suppose to be a couple temples, school and hotels in around 120 metes. Tried once but did not find it. There is also a city down in Khao sok national park. The boat I use took us to it the other day but did not have the gas for it. It was in around 60 meters of water.

I hope my classroom knowledge has improved over the years. I think that was the first cavern course I ever taught was to you Skippy. learn a bit more ever day. Just got back from Koh Samui and was doing my Pelagian Instructor course. Learn something from other instructor and ever from some of my students.

andibk

I ever taught was to you Skippy. learn a bit more ever day. Just got back from Koh Samui and was doing my Pelagian Instructor course. Learn something from other instructor and ever from some of my students.

andibk

I recognize a genius when i see one............ saw there was alot of pent up knowledge. Was 7 years or so back....... so i guess you have had tons of class room practice "playing teacher" since. Must admit u kicked my ass for the better, and were very particular on any mistakes made.

( and p.s guys..... watch out for the sea urchins placed on the line trick when ur blind folded during ur tests........ did not fall for it :) )

I used to penetrate wrecks significantly prior to the course, and only after realized how stupid i was. Never forget that cavern in Thong Pha Pum which was crystal clear going in, and about 5cm viz coming out.......... really puts things into perspective.

Its a great course ( as is Solo Diver which i did with Mermaids ( Steve ).).

Edited by skippybangkok

The cave system in the video is probable the most beautiful cave in Thailand. I was actually diving there the other day in that cave. The video was actually done by a professional team that came to Thailand after we did the Yamashiro project.

andibk