Does Thai Visa Have The Functionality To Read Pms ?

torrenova

I think this is as clear as I can make it. I don't want to know whether they do (well actually I do want to know that) or don't but whether this board has the functionality for anyone to read a PM sent between two members.

I do not want a goose chase about people sharing accounts, internet cafes or any of that nonsense, just between two members from their own computers, in the way that the question is phrased.

No I do know that certain forum software packages do not come with this functionality but that it can be purchased separately. That would be a pro active approach, taken for the sole purpose of looking at PMs. Other software packages carry this functionality as standard and for others there are hacks available.

So, in any way shape or form, can anyone at TV, from the lowest to the highest, read PMs ?

Well I certainly can't (not that I would want to), dunno about Admin or Root Admin though but I suspect not. That said, I doubt they are encrypted so someone with Root access on the server who knew where to look could likely see them.

Do remember that a PM is a Personal Message, not necessarily a Private Message.

I think it is extremely likey that it would be possible for a person wiht sufficeient authorisation to access the PM of a user. I also consider that it is probably a legal need and that the pms would be counted in the same way as email accounts and made available to legal authorities with suffient warrents etc. I would hope that TV which is an ethical organization would not divulge the contents unnecescarilly in the same way as google protects its mail. I know the webmasters of most organiztions will not access the personal accounts of their users unless they are forced to do so as most consider themselves professional and abide by their relevent associations codes. I am sure the mail can be accessed though it is unlikely that TV would do this. I am not so sure what TV would do if they were asked to divulge the contents to say the THai Police.

Edited by harrry

I would be very upset if i though a mod would read PERSONAL MESSAGE from me to another person.

I would take that very PERSONAL

I couldn't read your PM's as a mod, and I can't read them now. The functionality may be there but it is not available to either me or any of the moderators.

Just as an aside, there are 90k members. Even if we could read your PMs (which we can't -- to forestall torrenova's inevitable accusation of lack of clarity), nobody would have the time to read PMs.

I have no access to read anyone's pm's except my own. An admin has also replied that they cannot read anyone else pm's but their own, so unless you wish to claim that we are liars then I see no further reason to keep this thread open as it seems to be attracting posts of a fantastical variety. But I suggest that you direct any further issues you have about pms to support & not start yet another thread for the purpose of asking the same question that has already been answered a few times already.

That the technology may be available does not imply that thaivisa has it or uses it.

Issues such as this are usually covered in a sites Privaacy Policy which is a legal requirement in some jurisdictions. At the very least a published privacy policy would assist both users and management in the case of any dispute and could stop a lot of disatisfaction.l