Speaker For Motorcycle/scooter

prepress

Looking for a shop in Bkk who sells speaker for Motorcycles or Scooter?

I want to mount it somewhere around the handlebars. The speakers must be small, but LOUD, detachable, and run by battery.

I need it mainly for my navigator to speak the directions (not for music). Don't like earphones under the helmet with cables coming out.

The volume of the speaker should be high enough to hear the voice of the GPS lady.

Anybody know where I can get something or similar ?

Helmut

Nobody seen speakers for motorcycle anywhere ? :)

I take it you're simply after a speaker and battery powered amplifier to plug into your GPS machine that currently sends to a set of headphones. I hope I remember the original post correctly.

Chances are that if the headphones that it's currently sending the audio to are the usual DIN plug type stereo gizmos like computer headphones use, then it comes down to picking up a cheap speaker or two from Tesco, waterproofing it, and then strapping it to your handlebars and plugging it in.

The Ohms might be worth matching with the existing headphones too. I don't know exactly but if the headphones are 4 ohm, then the speaker should match. Power would hopefully be something that you can take a 6 or 12 volt line off the motorbike battery, or else just put together a set of AA cells in series to match the correct DC voltage.

One concern of mine yesterday was the helmet. If you're wearing an helmet, your hearing is reduced by quite an amount, so to get enough volume out of a speaker on your handlebars, you're going to be making an awful lot of noise to bystanders sans helmets, but at least you're not playing music all the ride, but just the occasional directional announcement I suppose. That's not going to freak anyone out in Thailand on their afternoon stroll in the park.

I take it you're simply after a speaker and battery powered amplifier to plug into your GPS machine that currently sends to a set of headphones.

That's correct

you're not playing music all the ride, but just the occasional directional announcement I suppose.

That's correct.

But where can I find a loud speaker higher than 3 Watt amplified (run by battery) ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody seen speakers for motorcycle anywhere ? :)

Dear Helmut,

So you’re looking for ‘special motorcycle speakers’, right? Why don’t you attach a waterproof notebook that shows you where to go? Always online and no wires out of your head….

I guess you're the type of real biker.....

Live To Listen....Listen to Live

no earphones? if your set on a speaker a PA speaker (looks like a bullhhorn) would be the way to go, there are some that are used for car alarms...but buy the wrong type and it will just be a siren.

There about the size of a large jar of mayonaise...and waterproof...inversely you can also hook up a alarm to it and scare the crap out of somebody.