Phuket Battered By Baroque Booze Controls

webfact

"Here in Bangkok I notice that Villa ... sells alcohol at any time of the day"

Same same w/ Villa & Friendship Markets in Pattaya -- What's amusing is that they have the no-sale 2:00pm to 5:00pm notice prominently displayed, but ignore it. Foodland must be discretionary depending on location. In Pattaya, no problem, but they DID enforce the silly law for the first year or so.

"Its Tesco-freakin'-Lotus and its Asian controlled"

I suggest you stop by any Tesco around 3:00pm and tell them "Hey you're Tesco-freakin'-Lotus - sell me some booze" and see what happens . . . :)

This topic sure brought out the booze brigade in defence of their inalienable right to be p_ssed most of the time

"phuket battered", "draconian rules" are here for many years now and tourists are still coming and drinking a lot.

this law is more strictly enforced in phuket, that in the other touristy places, for example na kho samui you can buy beer anywhere and anytime - the cops are getting their share and everything is kosher.

now the phuket gazette should launch an educational campaign to tourists about an option of buying 15 bottles without restrictions

got caught out with this a while back in a supermarket--what really p***ed me off was that the shop assistants watched me load 6 large singers into my cart--- not a word --i.e " cannot cannot " or something to alert me was said----got to the check-out only to have them removed. :)

Bucko