Infini / Toriyama Batteries (rechargeable) - Experience

On December 28, 2008 bought four AA batteries with charger at Pantip. I believe these are Thailand made. The charger actually had a busted "flip-out electic prong" and I took it back to the shop I bought it at the day before and they easily gave me a replacement. Still, that it was busted seems to have been a predictor of the batteries themselves.

They are advertised as being able to hold a large percentage of their charge (80%?) without any recharge for six months. The problem is they hardly even last much longer than that even with a full charge. By the summer I started getting slightly lower power time out of them, but then right around Sept or Oct (10 months after puchcase) there was a sudden drop off. If I put them in a my digicam (Fujifilm S2000D HD) even with a full charge, after about a minute of usage the red battery warning comes up, and I get about 5 or so minutes of operation before shutoff.

If anyone has any inside information on the company then please post, but I doubt they are from Japan despite a Jpns name. I paid 990 baht for that set. I since went and bought some nice Sony 2700mh batteries for less than 500, and they are really kicking nicely. No matter how long the camera is on, 300+ shots over several hours (on and off), I haven't even gotten a red battery indicator yet.

Since I tried my first Eneloops about two Years ago, I don't bother with anything else.

You get them at around 450 Baht for 4, and they work with any charger, although I suggest you get a charger with 4 individually controlled slots. Bought my Powerex Xharger for I think 2700 Baht at Fortune Town, at a shop right next to Capa Foto on 2nd floor.

The greatest advantage with Eneloops is that they hardly discharge at all. Even afte 6 month they are still full. They are rated 2000 MA but sem to last longe rand get better results than any of the 2600 or 2800 MA brands I tried before.