Police Check For Non-imm O Marriage Visa

Anybody have any recent experience on when the Police show up at your crib to validate

the Marrige Visa?

What exactly do they do?

Do they interrogate the neighbors etc.?

What if your not home, do they need to talk to you in person?

Thanks

Nam

Anybody have any recent experience on when the Police show up at your crib to validate

the Marrige Visa?

What exactly do they do? 

Thanks

Nam

Last year, July time frame. I live in a small village about 80km northwest of Korat, no police station. The police came from the Tamboon village about 4 Km away. They know me :o and I wasn't home but in the village visiting my wife's family. The police "found" me and delivered basically a "summons" for me, my wife and the village headman to appear in the Amphur (District) Police Station on such an such a date. On that date we all went to the Amphur and sat there for about 1.5 hours while the policeman typed up (on an old mechanical Thai typewriter) two, 2 page reports. One report was signed by the Village Headman and the other by my wife.

That was my experience, but I don't think it's done that way everywhere. Not a big deal, but a little bit of a pain in the arse. :D

I've been renewing mine annually for ten or eleven years now and it has always just been a matter of filing pieces of paper to get that 'Thai Wife' stamp placed in my passport for another year (I've always wondered if there is a stamp that says 'Thai Husband?').

As far as I know, no one has ever done anything to confirm that the pieces of paper are legitimate and that we are really married. We've certainly never had a visit from the police.

the Marrige Visa?

What exactly do they do? 

Thanks

Nam

2 thais need to confirm and sign that you and your wife are living toghether. police doesn't come check inside the house like they do in europe (clothes in same locker , ok )

so get aquainted with someone who can vouch your living toghether.

When I first got mine , the Immigration cop called my wife and asked her if she cold get a copy of the neighbors ID and make them sign the copy and state that they new we were togeather etc. :o They never came near the house..TIT

the Marrige Visa?

What exactly do they do? 

Thanks

Nam

Me and mybetter half were summonsed by the boys in blue to the local nick for our interview. Can't see why,all the police know both of us.Probably cause they know we run a couple of businesses it was easier to call for us than to find us.

Edited by lampard10

• 2 years later...

My experience the police came to visit my home to verify I live with my wife. But they already knew this and had my sign a paper to the affect. Then after they filled out the required paper work and drank one bottle of lou-cow then went on there way. :o Painless.

Edited by gosompoi